Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an aftermarket bumper to replace the damaged stock one. Anybody got pics of their aftermarket bumpers?

Like the Expedition One bumpers but want some other ideas.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
I got rear ended in my 10 rw of about 3 or 4 weeks and went though the same thing. It barely hurt my truck but for some reason the other guys insurance company gave me 3k. I was looking at the e pedition one and fab four. I liked both, fab four more but the front bumpers are too crazy looking to me so I just went with another factory rear bumper. Cost me about 420.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I got rear ended in my 10 rw of about 3 or 4 weeks and went though the same thing. It barely hurt my truck but for some reason the other guys insurance company gave me 3k. I was looking at the e pedition one and fab four. I liked both, fab four more but the front bumpers are too crazy looking to me so I just went with another factory rear bumper. Cost me about 420.
Sweet, pocket the change and wait till you find something you like! Smart idea.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah doesn't look like a lot of damage to my truck just the bumper. His car slide up under the trailer hitch and the hitch did some major damage to his vehicle. Destroyed his front grille and pushed the radiator into the motor and bent the hood in half.
I am thinking about the Fab Four for the rear, but then I gotta match the front with the rear so we will see what the insurance gives me and how much I gotta pull from my own pocket to get both. Hopefully my damage is not too much more than the bumper.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yeah doesn't look like a lot of damage to my truck just the bumper. His car slide up under the trailer hitch and the hitch did some major damage to his vehicle. Destroyed his front grille and pushed the radiator into the motor and bent the hood in half.
I am thinking about the Fab Four for the rear, but then I gotta match the front with the rear so we will see what the insurance gives me and how much I gotta pull from my own pocket to get both. Hopefully my damage is not too much more than the bumper.
Sucks for his car. My mother was in a similar accident recently in a highlander and her hitch took most of it and the bumper barely got touched. She found out later that the hitch had bent and it needed to be replaced. Of course the insurance paid for that and a new bumper. Post pictures once you get the new bumpers.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Look at the "green anyone" post....... Fab 4 front and rear. I went with the light hoop on the front but on the Slate build I'm going without...... Will have pics up when the parts start arriving....

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I like the Fab 4 rear bumper but the front is way to Big for me. Might have some built local or just go Expedition One bumpers. Also like the Kennesaw Mountain Front bumper. They told me they need a vehicle to design the back bumper and I am too far away for that.
Just waiting on the insurance company now to see the damage cause it might be more than just bumper.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Exact same thing happened to me. Guy rear ended my tundra going about 15 mph and his chevy malibu got up under my rear bumper, but bent the wiring harness and creased my rear chrome bumper. Damage estimate was 1300 bucks and the guy never had car insurance and no job, no money. He also bent/took black rustproofing off my receiver hitch where the trailer's chains hook onto, but I bent that out pretty good even though if he had insurance, I would have asked for a whole new rear frame portion since it is all 1 piece in back which would've made it over 2 grand in damages. Had to take the A-hole to small claims court and go to DOT to take his license away for 20 years until he paid me. That got his attention and after 10 months of calling him up and he giving me the sob story, I got the money finally.

·
"The General"
4,172 Posts
If any of you "rear ended guys", or guys getting rid of your bumper, have a perfect condition bumper cover (the top part) in black, let me know since I'm considering acquiring one due to some a-hole damaging mine. I still don't know how he/she did it, but it bothers me slightly.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry the top plastic is trashed on mine -otherwise I would give it to you. Well I will still give it to you. :D:D

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
I saw the title and was going to recommend Preparation H.

Since you were in a wreck, you might find that link someone posted about 15 dollar bumper covers. They might have a rear bumper at a decent price.

:dunno:

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
I expected to see something related to Astroglide, but that was just too easy.
He said he got rear ended. He needed to be healed.

Astro glide would have been preventative maintenance.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got my insurance check today - so it looks like a Fab Fours rear bumper.
Has anybody used zaib4x4.com before? They have the best price and unless I can find it cheaper somewhere closer I will get it ordered up in the next day or two.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like I am gonna go with expedition one rear bumper because they have FREE shipping til the end of August for Tundra bumpers. Ohh and I like the fact I can add lights to the bumper also. :woot:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Here is rear bumper from Fabfour.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hey N2Deep, Great choice on the bumper. I was a fan of the Fab Fours but after comparing the 2 side by side, the Expedition 1 won my vote. I'd love to see them in person... perhaps get a little meet going once NinjaEd gets his lift done.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts