Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for everyone who posted in the pricing section. I have missed my 2010 RW since the day I traded it. I should have kept it. Anways, yesterday I picked up my '13 RW DB. Got it for 35 OTD.
Have a couple questions though. I will be looking for a tonneau cover very soon and would like some reccomendations on which is best, in your opinion. I had an extand cover on my last Tundra but it was kinda a PITA sometimes.

Ill also be looking for a new muffler and was thinking of getting the Powersticks again, but wanted to see what seemed to be the most popular choice for the best sound.

Jason

·
Registered
43 Posts
Congrats in the truck. It's purty.

I just bought a Bakflip G2 from Josh at SVcustoms. It fits great and the install only took 30 minutes in my driveway. I think it looks great. Send josh a pm and he'll help you out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've got the same truck! What options did yours come with? I'm curious..........

Mine came with the backup camera........but no power seats or power rear window.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got the same truck! What options did yours come with? I'm curious..........

Mine came with the backup camera........but no power seats or power rear window.
Pretty the same truck, I think. I have the backup camera also with no power seats. No info buttons either but they weren't offered with my model. I will be adding them though. I think the tow package is standard on the RW.

Jason

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yep - sounds like the same truck! Mine didn't come with the info buttons either, but I added them soon as I bought it. Got them for around $70, if I remember correct.

Oh, and mine came with the factory side steps too...........

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep - sounds like the same truck! Mine didn't come with the info buttons either, but I added them soon as I bought it. Got them for around $70, if I remember correct.

Oh, and mine came with the factory side steps too...........
Which steps do you have? Those are something else I will be adding over time.

Jason

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats on the new truck! I don't have any frame of reference, but I'm about to pull the trigger on a Full Metal Jackrabbit bed cover. This will be the first bed cover I've ever bought for a truck, so we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Congrats....I have the same truck(except black) with about 600 miles on it now...I love it.
I bought the info buttons on ebay for $81 shipped. They honestly took me about 15 seconds and NO TOOLS to install :)

I put the Go Rhino Dominator 2 stepbars on mine and I think they look totally bad*ss on the RW:cool:
I'm getting a clear bra installed today and if I get it home early enough I will post a picture :)
I'm also having the guy put a 3 inch strip across the top of my tailgate too?
i'm not really sure thats a good idea, but I don't like how there's nothing protecting your paint in that area when you close the gate with some nasty work gloves on :)
I wish the top plastic piece on the gate went over the top and down the back just a little ...

congrats again.....:beerchug:

these trucks are so much fun to drive :)

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Looking good. Congratulations.

For tonneau, I would recommend a folding type or rolling type. I bought a wheelbarrow the other day and it sat higher than the tonneau cover. I just flipped the cover open and drove home (I have BAKFlip F1). Solid hinged type would not allow you to do that without driving it propped open. I chose a folding cover because rolling type would be basically frozen shut during winter in PA. If I lived in Florida, I would've gotten a rolling type.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats & nice truck. I've had the roll-x now for a year and it has held up perfect. Very easy to install. I roll it up twice a week so it does get used.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I must be confused on the models of these trucks. I though a rock warrior was like one of the better models. Why would it not come with power windows or seats. I bought a SR5 CW and I have power everything. I guess I need some education on these models.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
I must be confused on the models of these trucks. I though a rock warrior was like one of the better models. Why would it not come with power windows or seats. I bought a SR5 CW and I have power everything. I guess I need some education on these models.
RW is the manly model so it doesn't have all those womanly luxury stuff. :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Search "info buttons". In some trucks they are plug and play, some require a little more work to get them to work.

Jason.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts