Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went down and got a bed liner sprayed on my Tundra today. I wasn't interested in driving 20 miles away to get a LineX or Rhino spray, and I found a local place that sprays FMJ (Full Metal Jacket) for a reasonable price. I dropped it off at 9:00 and it was done by lunchtime. I'm very happy with the results. The liner is thick and feels very tough, and it has a rough texture that seems like it will have lots of grip without scratching anything. I haul everything from bikes and stone to concrete, so I can report on the durability as time goes by.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Looks good. Never heard of FMJ though. If you can say, what constitutes a reasonable price?

Reactions: jdbx

·
Registered
408 Posts
I wonder how it compares to line-x or rhino liner. Ive had both and Rhino is way softer than line-x. I can dent rhino with my fingernail; can't on line-x.

Reactions: Cruzrtwdgt

·
Registered
248 Posts
I wonder how it compares to line-x or rhino liner. Ive had both and Rhino is way softer than line-x. I can dent rhino with my fingernail; can't on line-x.
With muscles like that, you could probably dent a diamond!

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
It looks good. Does it have the UV protection (so the color won't fade)?

Reactions: jdbx

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
How much? I wanted line x but company doing it was shady. Rhinolinings could not color match. Ended up going with Speedliner. They did it for $450. Rhinolinings wanted near $600 and no color match. 5 years later and no peeling but it gets dirt and some mildew stains. Have to go with what is in your area. Looks good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
39,325 Posts
How much? I wanted line x but company doing it was shady. Rhinolinings could not color match. Ebded going with Speedliner. Tgey did it for $450. Rhinolinings wanted near $600 and no color match. 5 years later and no peelibg but it gets dirt and some mildew stains. Have to go with what is in your area. Looks good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Turned off auto correct?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I paid $439 + tax for under the rail. I made a few calls around, and that seems about right for Northern California. I don't think that it has any particular UV stabilizer, but I'm not too worried about that... it's the bed of a pickup truck afterall, and I'm more interested in protecting the bed from rust than it looking pretty. The material has a little give in it, but not enough that I could sink in a fingernail. I don't think that there is any danger of sharp metal penetrating it, but I'll know after my first trip to the dump I guess. :D

The place that sprayed it has been in business around here for decades and they have a lifetime warranty. I don't plan on moving away, so that's good enough for me.

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
Yeah mine doesn't look pretty but gets the job done. I have had over 3600 lbs of penn sand put in it and not a scratch. Had to use tarp to protect outside of tailgate

·
Banned
309 Posts
Mine is almost 6 years old and still looks good. It's been beaten up and I just use spray cans to paint it black when it gets full of paint

Reactions: BuckNakedBooda

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a local place that does spray in liners that is around $100 cheaper than the LineX or Rhino. It is called Toro. I did some research but couldn't find out much about them so I went ahead and paid the extra for the LineX. My buddy got a new Tundra about a week before me and got the Toro. I will be excited to see how they compare over time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts