Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought 2 12' MTX Thunder FPR12-04 and a TD1000.1D 2000w amp for my 07 CrewMax. However, I'm a bit confused with the wiring cause I'm not opening the boxes tell I take em in to be installed but I don't think it came with a wiring kit. So does anyone know what kit I need? Or am I mistaken in this? Just need some advice, first time sub user so wanna do it right!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Anytime i have installed subs which has been a long time you do not need a wiring kit. Last time i installed a sub all i needed was a piece or wire from the terminal block on the box to the speaker. Usually the speaker will have some kind of push terminals so the cable does not move

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Read Only
0 Posts
You will need an amp wiring kit. It usually has everything in that kit you will need. Prob need a 4 gauge kit. Haven't looked up the specs on the amp though.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
depending on what ohm subs you are running you will be pushing anywhere from 350rms to 1000 rms (1ohm) the amp itself only has 4ga inputs, so you will either need to run 4ga or 1ga and then drop to 4 using an adapter or a dist block.
You need an install kit none the less... I would just use a 4ga kit imo... Seems to be a fairly efficient amp, calls for a 100 amp fuse if I read correctly. Just you need ofc copper, not the cca crap if you actually plan to push the amp to its fullest possibilities. *not knowing ohm load you will be running...

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Your subs are 4ohm each so you will most likely be wiring them to see a 2ohm load together I would assume so that would be around 600wRMS from your amp.

Go to this site....WIRE and plus in your numbers to see what wire and fuses you need. About 1/4 way down is a diagram called "System Power Design Assistant". Plus in your numbers and it will tell you exactly what you need for wire, fuses, etc. Plug in 600wRMS change to class D amp and read what it puts out.

However....if you ever plan on changing out speakers and adding another amp you should really look into getting/running like 0awg or 2awg wire NOW. No harm has ever come from running bigger wire and will allow for much more/easier expansion later. You can run like 12-15 feet of 0awg from battery to a distro block in the back and then 4-6awg wire from distro block to amp.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
And...It just so happens I actually have about 90% of an amp wiring kit laying around that I ordered double from my install. I have 2 amps running around 1500wRMS so I got about:

- 17 feet of 1/0 gauge CCA flexible wire
- (2) 6 ft pieces of 4awg wire
- 1 distro block (1 in / 2 out)
- 1 inline fuse holder
- 1 250amp fuse
- 20 feet of 16awg remote turn on wire

All you would need is a set of RCA cables to run from your amp up into your head unit.

This "kit" would be a little overkill for your just 2 subs, but like i said above you do NOT want to re-run the power wire from your battery to your amp. It is a PITA getting through the firewall, so if you even think you will add new speakers and amp I would suggest planning now and go bigger.

I think I paid like $150 or so for basically for what I listed above. Since it is all extra and I have 0 use for it anymore I will ship it out to ya for like $100 if your interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts