Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellas, newbie here as I just picked up a 08 sr5 trd crewmax.
Have wanted one for a while, and came close to buying one about 4 years when my future wife wrecked my 98 dodge cummins 12v. Couldn't find any good deals on a tundra after it was totaled so I ended up with a 03 GMC SLT duramax.
Well I traded in the duramax for the tundra and so far I'm loving it.
It isn't as loaded as my GMC but rides way better and has way more room on the inside (perfect for the new member coming to the family soon).
Here are a few pics...

Don't plan on messing with it much... Tinting the front windows to match the other is about it.

Thanks for having me :D:p

Reactions: yotaman05

·
Registered
371 Posts
Welcome. Nice truck, love the color

Reactions: Boondock

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree, great color. Congrats. What type of steps are those? Been looking for a set and like how yours has one long tread instead of just a front and back tread.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I dig the color too
They are toyota steps... Sit a little low IMO but ill keep em on. Helps the wife get in.
So far I don't miss the leather seats. Seats are really comfortable on my 2 hour drive home.
Wish it had a sunroof but it seems pretty loaded for an sr5.
Trd package, rear sliding window (love!), jbl, sonar (which seems weird) and Bluetooth.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Welcome. Good looking truck

·
Registered
242 Posts
Very nice, welcome to TT from York Pa.

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Congrats and I agree on the color, it's real nice. Don't think I've seen any that color in my area. And as far as you not planning on doing much with it, I think ALOT of guys thought that when they bought their trucks. Being a member of this forum makes it very difficult... Too much cool stuff on here!! Good luck with it.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Welcome, Nice Color!

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Hello fellas, newbie here as I just picked up a 08 sr5 trd crewmax.
Have wanted one for a while, and came close to buying one about 4 years when my future wife wrecked my 98 dodge cummins 12v. Couldn't find any good deals on a tundra after it was totaled so I ended up with a 03 GMC SLT duramax.
Well I traded in the duramax for the tundra and so far I'm loving it.
It isn't as loaded as my GMC but rides way better and has way more room on the inside (perfect for the new member coming to the family soon).
Here are a few pics...

Don't plan on messing with it much... Tinting the front windows to match the other is about it.

Thanks for having me :D:p
Congrats on the new truck! Looks sweet just the way she is......
I know you said no mods but.....lets see in a few months if that still holds up!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol thanks fellas!
Hard to mod a gasser after having a diesel... Just don't get the same affect from a tuner.
Also used to 3/4 ton amercian front end problems with oversized wheels and tires so don't plan on dealing with that again. It won't see a ton of miles as I have a commuter car (97 Honda accord) and my wife's car (2010 Camry) so it will be limited to camping and boating mostly. Can't justify driving it a ton around town when I have two cars that get 30+ mpg.

But in the next few weeks I must drive it a bit... So comfy and good looking.
Really love the color, seems a bit rare too.

Came with a pace Edwards tonneau cover also... Roll up with lock but the lock is hanging up.. Any suggestions? Can't hurt mpg with it closed

·
Registered
442 Posts
Welcome. Dig the color man!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome! I told my wife I wasn't going to do any mods to my tundra... Well we all know how that works out...

G

·
You could always get an aftermarket moonroof if you really need it.

Classic Soft Trim

These guys are the ones the dealership calls when a customer wants one on a new car but it didn't come equipped. Except you can cut out the dealership and go to the source.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Welcome! I told my wife I wasn't going to do any mods to my tundra... Well we all know how that works out...
It's true. Once you tint the windows you'll get to thinking and searching the site, and then where'd all the money go :lol5:

·
Registered
697 Posts
Came from a superduty F350 diesel and its hard to get used to gas again you have the same wheel tire I had when mine was stock . If and only if you sell your wheels & tires those dame lug nuts are $16.80 a peace . So that's over $320.00 for all of them . I sold mine and well didn't know this and sold mine for a $1000.00 and got f'd but I keep my word on the sell . Nice truck welcome.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks fellas
Drove it for the first time since I've brought it home.
Like it overall... Miss the Allison trans for sure. Also missing the tq of the diesel but fit and finish along with the ride might make up for it.
After some city driving today computer says 16.8... Computers pretty accurate after reset when you fill it up?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts