Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Got a new Tundra Rock Warrior!

22K views 33 replies 25 participants last post by  Williamz 
#1 · (Edited)
Traded in my 2010 SR5 last week and got a new 2013 TRD Rock Warrior!

Man this truck is stout! It came with the big side steps, bedliner, homelink and back up camera.....along with all the bluetooth and steering wheel controls.

Only thing I don't like is no power seats.........but oh well, once I'm in I'm good anyhow. :)

I've already bought and added the info buttons.

Sorry - but the only pics I've go so far are from my cell phone when it came out of the wash bay.

Here's an updated photo - little better quality!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Sweet RW! Congratulations.

Reactions: dikkie
#4 ·
Congrats!!!! I just picked up my 2013 Rock Warrior a month ago. I love it as well.

how hard was it to swap out the info buttons? My 2007 SR5 had it and I miss them.

Thanks,
Mick

#5 ·
Not hard at all! I used a pocket knife to open the package, and pry out the blank buttons.........took the wire harness off the blank, plugged it into the new info buttons and snapped it back into place. Turned the key and it worked.

Literally took me longer to open the package than it did to install the info buttons. Cost $85. Got it off ebay here: Toyota Tundra 2008 2013 Drive Monitor Info Switch Mod New | eBay

showed up in like 3 days. Can't beat that! I ordered it Monday morning, and it was in my mailbox yesterday.

#6 ·
Sweet looking truck! Love the rock warriors and I'm becoming a real big fan of the white!

#9 ·
congrats!

#10 ·
wow..!! :drool:

sweet ride man, congrats and enjoy driving that beast..!!

:D dikkie :D

#12 ·
Re: FS: Rock Warrior Wheels/Tires - Colorado

Thanks guys, I bought the truck this way... Drove 800 miles to pick it up and didn't even know it had the flares, I couldn't tell in the photos. To be honest not a huge fan of the look with the OEM wheels because the flares stick out a good 2" over stock setup, but I've got a pretty killer setup coming that hopefully looks great, we'll see next week.
This guy probably wants your wheels.

Sell me your rims. I collect them! Nice truck!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#16 ·
I'll get more pics up - as soon as it stops raining around here!!!!!

I just finished the fog light mod last night........worked the same on my 2013 RW as it did on my 2010 SR5.......FYI.

We made our salesman VERY happy. I got my RW Tundra on March 8th, then my buddy went and bought a DC SR5 Tundra on March 11th and then we went back and bought my wife a Venza March 15th...........

#19 ·
Turbo - No, the info button does not give you more information..........it's just that my truck (no Rock Warriors) didn't come with the info button. I had to buy and add it.......but now I have the ability to see my instant mgp (ugh), average mpg and distance to empty........which all I had before was the temp.

#21 ·
Great truck! Our dealership had one inside the showroom that looks just like yours.

What is the info mod buttom mod? Am I correct in saying if your truck does not show MPG read outs you can simply change the buttons and it will? So all the wiring and sensors are already in place on all Tundras?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.