·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yes

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice truck. Curious. did you order color matched handles and mirror cover? or have them painted? If you had them painted what was the cost and Turn Around Time? 1 day.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Nice truck. Curious. did you order color matched handles and mirror cover? or have them painted? If you had them painted what was the cost and Turn Around Time? 1 day.
I painted them myself. Automotive touch up dot com.

Bought the adhesion promoter, base, and clear coat. Maybe $45.

The door handles are the stick on caps off of ebay. Wanted them to be the test dummy first. Now that I know it works well I will peel them off down the road and do the stock handles.

Btw, this paint dries quickly. Had it all done in about 3.5 hours.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Looks awesome!!

What lift and offset are you running with those tires? Any rub? I just picked up my 2014 4x2 yesterday.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Got the Readylift 3/1. Had a bit of rubbing up front, but moved the wheel well liner up ,swapped the mud flaps for husky liner flaps, and all is good now.

·
Registered
320 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
The grill blacked out and then the Toyota emblem color matched may look pretty cool. You could always respray or dip the emblem if the color match on it wasnt cool. I am really digging the lift height and tire size on the 2014. Great stance!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Thank you Kurlee!

N-Fab side steps and Readylift 3/1.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The grill blacked out and then the Toyota emblem color matched may look pretty cool. You could always respray or dip the emblem if the color match on it wasnt cool. I am really digging the lift height and tire size on the 2014. Great stance!

Definitely going to black it out. Not sure on the emblem yet.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I bought some dip and now just need to find the time to start the black out on mine. I am going to start with the grill. Way to much chrome on this 2014 I bought Friday, but thats the price to pay for the limited package. I did talk to the dealer and they are going to swap my chrome side steps for black ones.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Got the Readylift 3/1. Had a bit of rubbing up front, but moved the wheel well liner up ,swapped the mud flaps for husky liner flaps, and all is good now.
So I assume you had no clearance issues with the skid plate? Did you go with the Husky liner flaps just because or did the factory flaps rub? Could you post some pictures of your modified wheel well liner where it mounts to the bumper? The 2014 liner mount on the bottom of the bumper seems much different from the 2nd gens, so before I wing it I'd like to see what others have done.

I have 18X9 +18 offset Method Standards with 295/70 Nitto Trails coming this weekend along with a Readylift 3/1 and according to Nittos website I should only have around a 1/10th of an inch more in overall diameter (34.57 vs 34.45), but over half an inch less in width even though theyre both 295s (11.73 vs 12.36). Just curious to see where I stand in regards to required modification to the liners and flaps.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I got the husky flaps because they are slimmer than the stock. Still had to modify them but not much.

What the tires actually measure out to aired up is always different. Mine came out to 33.5". I may be wrong but I thought 295's were all about the same.

No skid plate issues at all, but I don't have the trd.

I'll get pics for you in a minute. I basically lifted the liner from under the bumper cover and tucked it up and over.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Pic of flap. You'll see it goes under the frame rather than covering it saving a lot of space.
[/IMG]

Underneath shot. Only looks ugly from there.

[/IMG]

If pics aren't good enough, pm me and I'll get the camera out.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I got the husky flaps because they are slimmer than the stock. Still had to modify them but not much.

What the tires actually measure out to aired up is always different. Mine came out to 33.5". I may be wrong but I thought 295's were all about the same.

No skid plate issues at all, but I don't have the trd.

I'll get pics for you in a minute. I basically lifted the liner from under the bumper cover and tucked it up and over.
Yea I just went with the inflated measurements on Nittos website when comparing the two.

Pic of flap. You'll see it goes under the frame rather than covering it saving a lot of space.
[/IMG]

Underneath shot. Only looks ugly from there.

[/IMG]

If pics aren't good enough, pm me and I'll get the camera out.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Now did you have to do any trimming in order to get the front to tuck into the bumper? Did you drill any new holes in the liner to secure it in there?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts