Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on deleting the back 2 cats tomorrow, anything I should be aware of/lookout for before I start cutting?

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Just make sure you stay clear from that rear O2 thats inbetween the Cats, since that only monitors the front cat, you'll be CEL free.. what muffler are you going to run after the first cats?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm deleting them for more power and more sound, I'm still running super 10's down the pipe. Until I save enough for my BAmuffler setup.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I'm deleting them for more power and more sound, I'm still running super 10's down the pipe. Until I save enough for my BAmuffler setup.
I feel like I'm giving unsolicited advice so please smack me in the head if this isn't welcome info:) I have track tested removing only the rear cats and the hidden 2" pipe that crosses under the driveshaft from driver side. Zero difference in track times, and zero difference in how the truck drives.

That said, if this is being done for more sound and for fun, then ya gotta do it:) it will definitely make the truck louder. And if that's the sort of thing you're looking for then fun follow, you'll know there's a V8 under the good for sure!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All advice is welcome! Especially from someone with your knowledge. Thank you for the heads up, I much prefer knowing what I'm talking about as opposed to talking out my ass.

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
You can get some good money for Toyota Cats at the recycler... if they will buy them from you.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
How about saving up the $$ for a complete exhaust system I.E headers, midpipes without cat and full exhaust from BAmuffler. Here is mine system waiting to be pack and ship out Friday.
Mid pipe with 16" muffler and you can see the true dual with X pipe next to it.

Here is true dual with x pipe and tail pipes dump after the rear axle.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Wow that's nice set of exhaust. Will those mid pipes fit stock exhaust ?
Will you still need o2 sim? I heard deeds is making one (moving the o2 bun out & smaller holes to eliminate the need for o2 sim??
How much does that costs?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I think Keith can build something off the stock headers to delete the cat

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Jo stve, you should post your bamuffler on the news paper bro

;)

Jk

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

No need brother. Do not want hater, shiny object lover like you to judging my exhaust system and call it cheaply made lol :lol5:

So you have all that time to jump on here and talking $hit about my exhaust system. Get your arse back into the garage and work on my projector foglights already :D.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
SNgo,

your system won't fit the JBA headers right? If you go with header later you have to swap out the mid pipe...yes?
I don't think it will fit the JBA and yes you will need a new mid pipe to make it fit. But i am running OBX headers and i don't think i will swap to JBA after spent all those time installing the OBX. Unless JBA decided to give me a set for free and Keith hook me up with new mid pipes.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Oh didnt know you already have obx. How much did they charge you for the install? Btw, that'll void your warranty in your sc.
I don't have the OBX install yet. It comes with my exhaust system which will be shipped today from Keith. I will do the installation myself. I can always swap out the headers when it comes to warranty issues :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts