Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have started shopping around for a 2016 Tundra DC 5.7 4WD with the SR5 upgrade package. I see dealers selling it from 39,000 to 40,000. So I tried Costco and a dealer came back offering me 34,788 for the exact package I wanted. Price he gave me includes the 1,500.00 2016 rebate. Should I grab the price they offered?

Truck I wanted is white tundra DC 5.7 4X4 with bucket seats and black interior.

Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
The rebate won't change, higher or lower if you wait. Same for the overall cost you will pay. Only real difference you'll see is how much any given dealer is willing to sell the truck for. So I'd just get it if the timing is right for you.

I like to double check prices between different dealers and also what truecar.com says.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What other items does the truck have that you have not listed? Just by looking at Toyota's website a 4WD double cab with the 5.7 and SR5 upgrade package starts around $36,500. If that is all the truck has then by no means is $34,700 a good deal.

Take off the $1250 rebate of the MSRP then start from there. If it is a 2016 you should be able to get them down a couple thousand with no problems. Good luck and hope you get a great deal!

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Price is always a subjective issue.
If you feel like its a good deal, and you can afford it, then go for it with no regrets. I can assure you that after you buy it you will hear of people who paid much more and others that paid much less (allegedly).
If you do a little homework and make a few calls you will have a good understanding of what the price points for the truck you want should be.
Just remember when you close the deal they will add dealer fees to the invoice and that is where you will need to stick to your guns. Some people walk away feeling great for talking them down, then the dealer throws a $1000 dealer fee in to get back what you think they just gave you.
Good Luck

·
Registered
75 Posts
Price is always a subjective issue.
If you feel like its a good deal, and you can afford it, then go for it with no regrets. I can assure you that after you buy it you will hear of people who paid much more and others that paid much less (allegedly).
If you do a little homework and make a few calls you will have a good understanding of what the price points for the truck you want should be.
Just remember when you close the deal they will add dealer fees to the invoice and that is where you will need to stick to your guns. Some people walk away feeling great for talking them down, then the dealer throws a $1000 dealer fee in to get back what you think they just gave you.
Good Luck
I agree with skiddy. The final price is the deal maker/breaker. I paid just under $45K for my CM SR5 4X4 with the saddle leather interior, BUT it was what I wanted. It has a lot of options on it; both factory and dealer-installed. I feel comfortable with the price I paid. I wasn't even planning on buying a new Tundra; didn't want to. I just saw a package that I had never seen before and liked it. I know plenty of my friends who haggle with the salesmen, walk out on them a couple of times, etc, but if I see something I like and want and CAN afford it, I talk to them about rebates, dealer installed options, price-drops, etc and get the best deal I feel comfortable with. Besides, my dealer here in PC has excellent service, I have a great relationship with them and they always take care of my wife and I.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What other items does the truck have that you have not listed? Just by looking at Toyota's website a 4WD double cab with the 5.7 and SR5 upgrade package starts around $36,500. If that is all the truck has then by no means is $34,700 a good deal.

Take off the $1250 rebate of the MSRP then start from there. If it is a 2016 you should be able to get them down a couple thousand with no problems. Good luck and hope you get a great deal!
I wanted more like a bigger cab in crewmax, leather etc but I have to be honest and get the lowest price so I can afford it. Im coming from a 08 DC V6 and want to upgrade to DC 5.7 4WD and bucket seats. Main reason for upgrading is I want to start hitting the trails and have fun so the 5.7 4X4 is a must. Steel wheels is fine since Im just going to go aftermarket.

Dealer wants 37,552 out the door including taxes, license and fees.

I think the price is good, it would now depend on how much they would pay for my trade in.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I wanted more like a bigger cab in crewmax, leather etc but I have to be honest and get the lowest price so I can afford it. Im coming from a 08 DC V6 and want to upgrade to DC 5.7 4WD and bucket seats. Main reason for upgrading is I want to start hitting the trails and have fun so the 5.7 4X4 is a must. Steel wheels is fine since Im just going to go aftermarket.

Dealer wants 37,552 out the door including taxes, license and fees.

I think the price is good, it would now depend on how much they would pay for my trade in.
My 2010 5,7 DC Tundra was giving me tranny problems after I had paid it off, so I traded for a 2016 Tacoma last March and they gave me $17,500 for it, I was happy with that being I needed new tires and the tranny problem, hope that helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts