Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Tundra
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I posted a while back about this but ended up having bad luck with the brand I went with. Long story short I went with Joying and after they told me the wrong size would fit, cutting the bezel, installing new RCA and completely rewiring my sound system there existed a high pitch ringing no matter what. I went through 3 audio filters which they sent me and I am now sending it back for a refund.

What would you recommend that has good features, isn't built cheaply, and will work with a backup camera? Looking to stay under $400. I don't mind going android again, just need something that won't cause a high pitch ringing!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I put a Kenwood DDX774BH in mine and love it. So many adjustments and lots of control. I installed it my self, it was pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
16 Posts
After my Sony headunit kept cutting in and out I ended up replacing it with a Pioneer AVH-X4800BS about 6 months ago. The only difference I found between it and the 4200NEX is that the NEX has more apps. l ended up paying just under $400 Canadian for the Pioneer AVH-X4800BS on sale and I noticed when I looked at amazon.com it it currently selling for $289.95 US. The only complaint I have about the Pioneer headunit is that you it now requires 2 electrical pulses instead of a single pulse before it will play a movie while you are driving. However if you install a toggle switch you can bypass the nannies by simply flipping the toggle switch twice.

·
Registered
115 Posts
After my Sony headunit kept cutting in and out I ended up replacing it with a Pioneer AVH-X4800BS about 6 months ago. The only difference I found between it and the 4200NEX is that the NEX has more apps. l ended up paying just under $400 Canadian for the Pioneer AVH-X4800BS on sale and I noticed when I looked at amazon.com it it currently selling for $289.95 US. The only complaint I have about the Pioneer headunit is that you it now requires 2 electrical pulses instead of a single pulse before it will play a movie while you are driving. However if you install a toggle switch you can bypass the nannies by simply flipping the toggle switch twice.

That's one of the things I liked about the Kenwood. You just ground the brake wire the the back of the HU and it bypasses that.

·
Premium Member
4,848 Posts
4200 nex here

CarPlay is really nice

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Tundra
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did see the Pioneer app station 4. Other than that I guess it comes down to preference. I don't need a dvd player.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you can save another $100-150 you can find kenwood ddx9903s for around $500 to $550. Or the pioneer 4200 for a bit less. Stay away from the low end android no name brands. I did look at the joying HU but I rather stick to the major brands.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.