Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, let me know if this is a good deal or keep shopping please?

Nitto Terra Grappler 325/60/18 on 18x9 XD Hoss gloss black mounted, installed, tax, out the door (including TPMS changout) for $2018. That price includes some $95- "all inclusive tire warranty" b.s., I might see if I can get them to nix that. Should I do it or continue shopping for a better deal? I'll be putting this setup on my '08 DC slate gray w/ bil 5100's leveled out on top notch. Also, according to tire calculator, that's a 33.4" tire. Will I have to do any cutting or push the inner fenders in at all or will it work w/o rubbing?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone, bueller?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I may be able to get the 325/60/18 Procomp Xtreme A/T a little cheaper from the same place. Is it worth it to get the Nitto's or should I go w/ the Procomps? I'm concerned with life expectancy and the Procomps offer a 40,000 mile treadlife warranty, I drive a LOT for work so I'm a little confused as to which to choose. Thoughts?

·
"The General"
4,172 Posts
Ah, since you're open to considering different tires, then I suggest you look at Pirelli Scorpion ATRs (I had these on my 4Runner with great success), Yokohama Geolander A/T-S, or Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos based on the fact that consumer reports rated them tops in the All Terrain Truck tire segment. Several tings to be aware of:
1) The Scorpions are only rated at Load Range C, so if you tow heavy loads, then don't get them.
2) Consumer Reports suggests you select your tires based on safety factors such as braking distances, handling characteristics, and hydroplaning avoidance capability. That means from a ranking perspective, the ranked tires aren't selected based on tread life since CR considers safety more important than mileage and cost.
3) The highest rated All Terrain Truck tire is about equivalent to the 4th rated All Season Truck tire. So, unless you are going off road or are really concerned about looks, consider an All Season tire for cost, safety, and efficiency reasons.
4) The Nitto Terra Grappler All Terrain tires were rated 8th in the AT category.

In the All Season Truck tire arena the General Grabber HTS, Continental CrossContact LX, and Kumho Road Venture APT KL51 are rated high. The General and Continental are the only ones with load rating E. The All Season Truck tires are not aggressive looking at all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts