Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Oh SO its the other sites that are paid off and have no idea what they are talking about but your beloved TFL Truck is the real world.

They should have never done the first test, which they used that data for some time. Which throws off all their results. I heard they didn't even use tow mode for the second test.

However, I am not the only one that has called BS on those idiots.
TFLT are a bunch of morons. They do some of the stupidest tests I've seen.

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
The Gauntlet test will show which is stronger. Will wait on that. But we will have to wait for them to retest the Tundra with 10k load vs 8500 lb.
nah, come on now bro,

one pull up a hill doesn't tell you which one is stronger, you know that. I know you liked your titan and like to defend it, which is fine and normal.

but just like the link I showed you, the tundra is built like a tank underneath, the titan is not.

this will tell you who will be pulling up that hill for 100K miles.

you know this, let's not get to carried away here. The titan is a fine truck, just not overbuilt like a tundra for axles, rear end, etc...

·
Registered
349 Posts
nah, come on now bro,

one pull up a hill doesn't tell you which one is stronger, you know that. I know you liked your titan and like to defend it, which is fine and normal.

but just like the link I showed you, the tundra is built like a tank underneath, the titan is not.

this will tell you who will be pulling up that hill for 100K miles.

you know this, let's not get to carried away here. The titan is a fine truck, just not overbuilt like a tundra for axles, rear end, etc...
Last post then I am done.

Yes it does and Borla guy here will tell you that too. If it CAN'T hold it's speed at 60 mph, then it shows which truck has the better power and gearing to do it. The Tundra couldn't hold the speed as it kept down shifting, etc. By the top it lost a nice chunk of speed. F150 and Ram did great.

But either way, yes the Tundra is built like a Tank. I honestly would have had a Tundra if it wasn't for that dash design in the 2007 bodystyle. Hated it. Now the new one I like.

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts

read the description stock was 318hp/355tq

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Well pimpin, I have had both vehicles and the tundra certainly outpull the titan on its worst day goin backwards uphill with no tires!!!!! By that time the titan would need repairs and the tundra will keep goin!!! with the titan I had over 5k in repairs by the time 75k miles hit, I now have 210k miles on my tundra and spent $200 in repairs other than general maintenance. Now as for the gauntlet not using a stock tundra for the test, if you have read about mods on this site you will know that the only exhaust that doesn't make you loose power is the BAMuffler, and there still isnt any gains proven with an air intake!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
295 Posts
Again you didn't read.....as usual.

Look at the video. That TUNDRA has EXHAUST AND INTAKE. :rolleyes:

Not stock. Stock PER THIS SITE ON DYNOJET is 260-280rwhp and 330 tq~.

Oh and good luck finding one....I had trouble as all had some bolt ons.

I guess because you are new here, and you just got a new tundra, you are mad now at these results so you are very defensive. Just let up. You have a nice truck dude. Nothing not nice about it. So what if the Titan can beat it. The rest of the truck is a POS.

With that, I am done because you will continue just throwing bs claims when the facts are right there on the video. No need to ruin this topic any more for the OP.
Here.
http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-general-discussion/94091-2011-dyno-results-stock.html

314/364 on a mustang stock. Mustang dynos read 10-15% LOWER then happyjets commonly referred to as dynojets.

All dynos # 's are affected by altitude, IAT, ambient, fuel etc.

All you did is look for the lowest number and go with it.

Titan is probably a fine truck. But it's lighter and smaller. In your original post and like many other posts you seem to reference the TFL Truck tests like they are the gold standard.

·
Registered
295 Posts
While all you fellas are figuring out second place between the Titan/Ram/Tundra... I'll be eating popcorn when the EB flies by all of them in the Ike 2.0 test. :D:saythat:
Tundra faster to the 1/4 stock. :p hahaha

And for shits and giggles..

LOLOLOL First 2014 vs pull test . hilarious.

PS: I know the EB is faster and can tow better, just for fun Mr Prime.

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
While all you fellas are figuring out second place between the Titan/Ram/Tundra... I'll be eating popcorn when the EB flies by all of them in the Ike 2.0 test. :D:saythat:
it had to hurry up and get the repair shop to get the engine fixed and manifolds down from 6800 degress red hot,LOL:lol5:;)

no matter what, the EB sounds lame, and that it all that matters,

because I said so:D

·
Registered
295 Posts
it had to hurry up and get the repair shop to get the engine fixed and manifolds down from 6800 degress red hot,LOL:lol5:;)

no matter what, the EB sounds lame, and that it all that matters,

because I said so:D
I agree, I love the sound of V8 engines. That is why the EB was never something I was interested in. I wanted the 6.2L

However I couldn't get over how low tech the Ford 6.2 was, SOHC, etc, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
41 - 52 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.