Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Global-Open Windows

9K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  Ditchhooker 
#1 ·
Tried this on my 14 this morning after reading about it in the news. Does not appear to work. If it is a feature that the dealership can program I would very much interested as I am in the south and park all day in direct sunlight. Anyone else inquiring about this feature?

#2 ·
You must be talking about the A cool way to cool off your car | Fox News

The remote window-lowering feature is common on most current cars from Acura, Audi, BMW, Ford, Honda, Infiniti, Lincoln, Nissan, Mini, and the Cadillac CTS. On Fords and Lincolns, the feature can both raise and lower the windows from a distance.

Toyota not on the list...

This is nothing new, just most people don't read the manual or dealership didn't show this feature...

#3 · (Edited)
if you have a CM with a sunroof, the option is available in techstream, but you need to use the key in the lock (twist twice and hold if i remember), at least the pre14's did, so I can't see the 14's not able. wish it worked on my DC as it would be nice for rolling up the window that someone always seem to forget

#15 ·
Is it possible to explain to me how to do this, although up here its already getting cold, but have a 14 crew max and would love to know how to program this to do

Many Thx

#4 ·
I have a button on my remote start programmed to output a negative pulse long enough to close everything. You could do the opposite for the open feature if your truck has it.

Even with stock remote buttons it could made to that with a PAC TR7.

#5 ·
I have a Viper remote start with a window module and I can roll down the windows from the remote no problem. When I lock the truck, windows roll up. Done.

#7 ·
My wife's 4runner has it. I believe it will open them but not close them with the remote.

#9 ·
My wifes 2010 honda pilot opens all the windows if you hold down the unlock on the fob. I really wish the tundra did...black+Florida=HOT.

#10 ·
My 14 will drop the front windows and open the sunroof when the key is used in the door. This was already activated when I got it, didn't have to use Techstream.

#11 ·
Ok, so I am going to go against the grain here and be the only one that says "I am glad my Toyota does not have this option". I had two Mini Coopers with this option and I cannot tell you how many times I would leave my office and find my car with all the windows down and sometimes the back door popped open. My office was so close to where I parked that while my keys were in my pocket the buttons would get pushed, sometimes just the right way. I am sooooo glad my Tundra does not have this feature. Thank you Toyota!

Reactions: riccnick and theoat
#12 ·
Yeah, screw everybody that wants it, if it doesn't work good for you, nobody should have it. (or you could just disable it/wear looser pants)

So your tundra unlocks and relocks the doors all day long but that's ok? The panic alarm never gets pushed?

Reactions: riccnick and derp
#24 ·
Goliathdog V.S. Big Shasta

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.