Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys... I installed the sensor mounted on the climate control extra plug mounted behind the blank switch... Installed the module below the kick panel, turned up the sensing level to max, mount it and install the plug at the location... Just techstream 8.00.34 to enabled GBS sensor in security... Why when I tap on the window, nothing goes off ? I let it sit for more than 5 mins and tapped on all the windows but nothing.. Any help will be excellent

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Shot in the dark here but isn't it designed to sense glass breakage and not tapping on the glass?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shot in the dark here but isn't it designed to sense glass breakage and not tapping on the glass?
But isn't suppose go off even if u tap on window.. That's why the sensor have level adjustment.. I'm sure after hard tap it should go off.. Any advice or how to see is it working

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
I think I read a long time ago you could tap your window with a key or put something like nails in a jar while you're sitting inside and it should set it off, though I've never tried these.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I read a long time ago you could tap your window with a key or put something like nails in a jar while you're sitting inside and it should set it off, though I've never tried these.
Thanks man !!! It works like it should.. Brought a cup and spoon in the car.. 30 sec waiting and tap once on the cup and scare the shit out of me lol

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Thanks man !!! It works like it should.. Brought a cup and spoon in the car.. 30 sec waiting and tap once on the cup and scare the shit out of me lol
did you add the sensor after you had factory alarm turned on? I had my alarm turned on but wanted to know if I can add GBS later and not have to reprogram

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
did you add the sensor after you had factory alarm turned on? I had my alarm turned on but wanted to know if I can add GBS later and not have to reprogram
Yes my factory alarm was turn on from the start of purchase.. Also I confirmed it as we'll with the tech stream I have.. I purchased/installed the GBS afterward and enabled it with tech stream as well.. So yes, you can enable the GBS feature with tech stream first and install the sensor when u get it. There's no reprogram needed, if u enabled the GBS feature on tech stream & install later down the road. Once GBS installed, the system will detect it after a start up and will detect the GBS is installed & will activate it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
sub'd

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
You have a part number for just the gbs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts