Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
"The Antagonizer"
12,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I may try and find somebody to meet me there that knows the place pretty good.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I may try and find somebody to meet me there that knows the place pretty good.
Post up when you plan on going. If I'm there that weekend,, I'll try to hook up with you if you can't find anyone else to tag with. Our first trip this year will be Nov. 11,12,13,14. It'll be a family trip with all the kiddos,,, so if you can make it that weekend, it'd be a good "first" weekend in the sand for you. (slower pace with the kiddos and all)

The dunes are like nothing else you've ridden before. (assuming you've never ridden in them) That's not to say they are hard,,, just very different. It'll take a day or two to get used to them. (a bit longer if you ride on 2 wheels)

What type bike/quad will you be riding? I wouldn't make the trip without paddles. (depending on the bike that is)

·
"The Antagonizer"
12,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
A Honda 300 Fourtrax with Mud Tires on it. I will try to go when you go man, that'd be cool.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I wouldn't make the trip without paddles. (depending on the bike that is)
No paddles is not a problem especially with that bike, just air down. You just won't be going up the steeper dunes, but you wouldn't make it up some dunes with paddles or not.
But it sounds like you are going for mostly the partying and not so much the riding.

I just know before winter gets here.
The season starts on Halloween and its still hot then.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
A Honda 300 Fourtrax with Mud Tires on it. I will try to go when you go man, that'd be cool.
With a 300 Darius is probably correct, you won't absolutely need them, but they will make riding more fun. The mudders might have a tuff time in the sand if the side walls are fairly rigid. Get some paddles if you can,,, if you can't and you make it down when I'm there we'll pull the paddles off my TRX and throw them on your bike so you can see the difference. (if any)

·
"The Antagonizer"
12,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
ik! I've known about it for a long time and now I am going!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts