Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We've all been there, you're trying to pass that little ricer on the highway and you feel like your Tundra's get up and go has got up and went. Install a Pedal Commander throttle response controller and you will feel like you're driving a race car! Directly designed for your specific vehicle with a super easy plug-n-play installation, this little harness will allow you to DRAMATICALLY reduce the lag time when you press down the gas pedal. With 4 modes and 8 settings in each mode, the control module has tons of adjustability so you can customize it for whatever sensitivity suits your driving needs. And don't worry about your factory warranty this unit will NOT void your warranty!

The Pedal Commander is now available at Midwest Aftermarket! Visit our website below or private message us for special forum pricing on this awesome product!

https://www.midwestaftermarket.com/pedal-commander-throttle-response-controller.php

·
Cereal Killer
20,307 Posts
Stock performance figures of a 5.7L is 381hp / 401 ft-lbs. What are new hp / torque numbers your device produces from this engine?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Stock performance figures of a 5.7L is 381hp / 401 ft-lbs. What are new hp / torque numbers your device produces from this engine?

Doesn’t sound like it changes those numbers to me. It sounds like just a throttle response/mapping change (similar to hitting tow/haul on ‘14 Tundras).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Cereal Killer
20,307 Posts
Perhaps, but with a proclamation like this....

Install a Pedal Commander throttle response controller and you will feel like your driving a race car!
.... one should expect an hp increase. Race cars tend to have higher levels of hp. I guess we'll wait for him to respond. :yesnod:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Maybe it reduces the trucks weight by 3,000lbs so it will weigh as much as a race car and therefore feel like you are driving one. Not to bad for 300 bucks huh?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The unit itself does not actually add horsepower to the vehicle. One of the bonuses of this unit is the fact that it is non-invasive unlike a tuner. It will not alter the timing or anything major with the engine. It just increases the speed that the engine responds when you touch the gas. We have had a lot of feedback on this unit and many customers prefer it over a tuner because it doesn't cause any issues with the warranty and they have felt it gave them much better throttle response than a tuner for a cheaper price. It's obviously not going to increase the top speed but you will feel the vehicle react to your foot with a snappier response. You can check out reviews online, there have been many customers that were very happy with the results they received after installing this unit. If you purchase from us and try it out and decide you don't like it we will cover the return for you!

·
Registered
397 Posts
The unit itself does not actually add horsepower to the vehicle. One of the bonuses of this unit is the fact that it is non-invasive unlike a tuner. It will not alter the timing or anything major with the engine. It just increases the speed that the engine responds when you touch the gas. We have had a lot of feedback on this unit and many customers prefer it over a tuner because it doesn't cause any issues with the warranty and they have felt it gave them much better throttle response than a tuner for a cheaper price. It's obviously not going to increase the top speed but you will feel the vehicle react to your foot with a snappier response. You can check out reviews online, there have been many customers that were very happy with the results they received after installing this unit. If you purchase from us and try it out and decide you don't like it we will cover the return for you!

Could you compare it to simply hitting tow/haul on a 2014+ Tundra? The truck feels a hell of a lot snappier when I do that.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
791 Posts
I've been thinking the same thing. My 07' with the 5.7 is so touchy my wife cant stand how sensitive the throttle is. Thats even before I hit the tow/haul button. Correct me if I am wrong but if you are not changing the intake nor the exhaust efficiency, and you are not lightning the rotating assembly how is it that you increase the throttle response? Does the factory Tundra has some sort of delay built into the drive by wire throttle pre -2014?

Reviews are opinions and some opinions are the placebo effect.

Your product is $50 less then a Bullydog tuner and half the price of a DAP tune. What makes this product beneficial to the everyday user?

I just have to ask...

·
Cereal Killer
20,307 Posts
They read how far you are pressing the pedal and they increase this distance. You press the pedal 10% and it intercepts this and replaces it with a 50% press. This give the illusion of added performance but it is complete fallacy because you can press the pedal 50% yourself. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,274 Posts
This is the same as an adjustment on the bullydog and it works very well.

The adjustment comes via readings of the reostat on the pedal (obviously)

When I change the throttle setting in my bullydog it is VERY obvious. I like having the ability to change it, but once I found one I liked, I left it there. It got rid of the hypersensitivity from stock, but still eliminated the lag.

We have electronically controlled throttles, and we can “tune” that. This is a GOOD thing. Maybe not $300 good, but good none-the-less.

This device, like the others, does the same. It will not add any power.

I would not call it snake oil.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We still have plenty of these in stock! If anyone is interested or wants to know more just send us a PM and we can get it to you for a great price!

Thanks,
Jake

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pedal Commander came out with the new Bluetooth version for the PC27. If anyone is interested in it just PM us we would love to get you a better deal!

Thanks,
Jake

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Special Memorial Day Weekend Sale of Pedal Commanders!! $45 off regular Pedal Commanders and $49.50 off Bluetooth Pedal Commanders. Now through Memorial Day!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Our trucks are already so damn touchy, it's ridiculous. :laugh:

Pre-2014, they were perfect. Now the first thing I do is hit the tow/haul button when I get in the truck. If I forget for some reason, I risk getting t-boned pulling into an intersection. I miss the old throttle response. A $300 fix is not for me though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts