Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I installed some lights and tapped into the ignition#30 fuse in the engine box (30 EFI NO.2 10 Multiport fuel injection system/sequential multiport fuel injection system, leak detection pump).

I have noticed on multiple occasions that the lights come on after the truck has been sitting for 2 hours for a period of less than 1 minute. Scares the crap out of me when I do notice it, because I think someone is in my truck! Any ideas? Is the ecu energizing this ciruit after sitting for 2-4 hours? Any better ideas to grab key power. I wanted my lights to come on with the key so I placed my add-a-circiut using that spot. Anyone one else report the same behavior?

Thanks!

-Carl

Toyota Tundra Second Generation mk2 (2007 ? 2008) ? fuse box diagram | Auto Genius

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Why not just use the fog light or headlight fuse? I would think you could put your add a fuse in either of those and that would be keyed power.
I believe those have power all the time and can be disabled via ecu timer. Therefore my lights would be on all the time until the ecu kills the circuit. I belive I found my answer in the FSM. An egr leakdown test is performed 5 hours after key off. It is used to detect any fuel vapor leakage via cracked lines or loose fuel caps. Time to find a new circuit. Perhaps the Radio/Amp circuit. will see how it behaves.

EDIT: I may be able to adjust the headlight circuit off delay to zero seconds using a techstream.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
I believe those have power all the time and can be disabled via ecu timer. Therefore my lights would be on all the time until the ecu kills the circuit. I belive I found my answer in the FSM. An egr leakdown test is performed 5 hours after key off. It is used to detect any fuel vapor leakage via cracked lines or loose fuel caps. Time to find a new circuit. Perhaps the Radio/Amp circuit. will see how it behaves.

EDIT: I may be able to adjust the headlight circuit off delay to zero seconds using a techstream.
Yep... I was gonna say to turn the light timer off. If you got a 14 or newer you can do it from the radio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.