Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a few years since I was last on here. I bought a 2010 4.6L CM brand new about 3.5 years ago and had a major transmission issue that Toyota would not admit to. Took it all the way to arbitration and lost. Finally after 18 months they sent out notice that the transmissions needed re-programmed and BINGO, our truck worked right!

But bottom line was I hated the lack of power in the 4.6L, I wasnt a fan of the slate color and I wanted my bad A truck! So we sold it, bought two vehicles so my wife and I each had one, but missed the Tundra badly. Well my Tundra is supposed to come in today! After researching the 2014's, I decided I would rather have a 2013.

2013 CM 5.7L Black on Black with bench seat upfront and touch screen navigation. Only $33,900 after all rebates.

Mods being done:
Two toned leather and seat heaters
6 inch pr comp lift
Fuel 18 inch Black wheels: Fuel Off-Road Wheels Boost - 18 inch 18x9.0 Black Rims with Machined
34.5 inch duratrac AT tires
N-Fab 2 step nerf bars
Ranch Hand Deer Guard
Limo Tent
Tri-fold hard tonneau cover
Volant CIA
Custom Exhaust
Black Bushwhacker Fender Flares
Rhino lining bed
And I am probably forgetting something.

It should arrive today and should take one week for all the mods to be installed! I can't freaking wait! I'll post photos once I get it!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats! I too saw the 2014 and said nope, I'm gonna stick with the second gen and bought a new 2013 CM rock warrior. Besides when the new model comes out, I'm sure it's gonna have a big mark up on it if most people wants one.

I'm jealous. That's a lot of mods within a week.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Congrats! I too saw the 2014 and said nope, I'm gonna stick with the second gen and bought a new 2013 CM rock warrior. Besides when the new model comes out, I'm sure it's gonna have a big mark up on it if most people wants one.

I'm jealous. That's a lot of mods within a week.
I was waiting to see if new powertrain in 14 - once I saw the new body style, I decided to go with a 13 to replace my 09.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a magnaflow exhaust. Nothing too fancy but should be nice enough. Now I am debating between just a grill guard or a full front bumper replacement. I saw the truck and loved it but kept thinking how nice it would be to remove the chrome bumper for a black mean bumper to accentuate the black look I am going for.

It should be in the shop for 5-7 days depending on how quickly all the mods come in. I'll definitely post some pics once I get it!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
arbitration rarely works in customer's favor, they almost always side on mfg. even though in your case YOU were right and they were wrong.

Glad you got out of it and hopefully into a very nice 2013 you desire. I will pass on the 2014's and ONLY consider once and if the rebates go out on them in early 2015 when they are clearing out the 2014 model year and ONLY after I see if they do something besides cosmetics on the 2015 model year. Plus, I don't know pricing increase of 2014 but thinking they will be a ton more even though cosmetic changes shouldn't be that much in reality.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts