Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering where everyone keep their gear bag at in a crew max , under the seats or center console, I have a gym bag with tie down straps , bungies , pull strap , and assorted in a pinch items , just didn't seems to find a good spot to hide it or keep it out of the way , was curious what everyone did, thanks

· Registered
245 Posts
I like the swing case but I am not sure it would not get stolen as i dont have a topper, TJM do you use the toyota net that they sell or something else
No, I have a couple of small rectangular clear plastic storage totes that have just enough room to sit on the floor behind the rear seats. The rear seats may be moved up just slightly, but not much, tHe seat backs are still resting against the back of the cab.

· Registered
755 Posts
I was wondering where everyone keep their gear bag at in a crew max , under the seats or center console, I have a gym bag with tie down straps , bungies , pull strap , and assorted in a pinch items , just didn't seems to find a good spot to hide it or keep it out of the way , was curious what everyone did, thanks
On a daily basis, I store most of my stuff like this in the storage compartments under my rear seat. If I need more than my normal gear then I toss a gear bag on the floor behind the passenger side seat.

· Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I have under driver rear seat a 100 Craftsman tool set. In console box have both phillips and flathead screwdrivers along with a leatherman and a swiss type knife setup.Under center rear seat extra serpentine belt. I have a 4 way with 6 ratchet type straps 4 12 foot long and 2 16 foot long. Behind driver rear seat 2 gallons of antifreeze, 2 blankets, 1 sunshade for windshield,1 pillow. Behind pass rear seat I have tow rope 10k lbs, tow chain, hydraulic jack from Walmart with a 2x4 and a 2x6 2 foot long, either it's 16 or 12 guage jumper cables Heavy duty. Towels to wrap jack, jumper cables, and chain. In driver rear door a chamis, pass rear door a shop towel, pass door shop towel and driver door 2 shop towels, Black Mag flashlight and duster. In bed I have another spare tire with matching rim.

· Registered
1,054 Posts
i don't need much,so i have a small plastic truck box from sears behind the rear driverside seat with some heavy duty velcro on the bottom to keep it from moving around.in that box i have the hitch tongue and pin,2 heavy duty 12 foot ratchet straps,2 medium duty 12 foot ratchet straps,2 light duty pull straps,and a few different bungee cords.i have a small socket set strapped to the back of the rear driverside seat and i keep a leatherman tool in the center console.

· Registered
926 Posts
the only gear bag I have is my ogio gear bag for my riding gear and it is to big to put in the back seat if someone is riding in the back seat so I usualy place it in the back of the truck or if we have the camper it goes in there.

· Registered
176 Posts
I have under driver rear seat a 100 Craftsman tool set. In console box have both phillips and flathead screwdrivers along with a leatherman and a swiss type knife setup.Under center rear seat extra serpentine belt. I have a 4 way with 6 ratchet type straps 4 12 foot long and 2 16 foot long. Behind driver rear seat 2 gallons of antifreeze, 2 blankets, 1 sunshade for windshield,1 pillow. Behind pass rear seat I have tow rope 10k lbs, tow chain, hydraulic jack from Walmart with a 2x4 and a 2x6 2 foot long, either it's 16 or 12 guage jumper cables Heavy duty. Towels to wrap jack, jumper cables, and chain. In driver rear door a chamis, pass rear door a shop towel, pass door shop towel and driver door 2 shop towels, Black Mag flashlight and duster. In bed I have another spare tire with matching rim.
Dang, you got more in your truck than I have in my whole garage. :D

Reactions: Mickey

· Registered
176 Posts
All I have is:

- behind passenger rear seat are booster cables in a carry pouch.
- under passenger rear seat a small pouch with emergency aid stuff (bandages, ointment).
- under center rear seat a full set of ratchet straps in their carry case.
- in bed of truck (used to be behind driver and passenger rear seats before tonneau) I carry a 120-piece socket/wrench set box and a small pouch with assorted pliers, assorted bungees, screwdrivers, and small what-nots.

I still want to buy a small duffle bag or something to carry by car wash kit/items. Maybe toss this bag in the bed under the tonneau.

· Premium Member
13,343 Posts
damn Mickey that is impressive
21 Years in the Navy. Traveling alot you have to be prepared for the worst. My first incident came at me and I didn't have the tools to fix my issue. Who stops these days? I do stop for others and help within reason. Meaning if I'm on my way to work I won't stop unless I know the person. Most I stopped for are out of town people who have a flat tire. Ohh I forgot one item. When I stopped for a lady with her daughter trying to change her flat tire and when I grabbed her donut spare it was flat also. What I forgot to mention was in the center rear I also have a cigarette lighter air pump. I connected top my rear lighter I put air in her tire and told her where to go to get her tire fixed so she didn't run on that donut expecting to make it home on that.

· Registered
90 Posts
damn Mickey that is impressive

Something tells me he doesn't have kids..........:D Not with all that stuff in his truck!

I'll tell you what's in mine..........2 booster seats, couple of lego's, a barbie doll, some skittles and I'm sure some french fries - not the good ones either but the dark brown/burnt and crunchy ones. :rolleyes:

Seriously though - I've got some stuff stashed under my rear seats, jumper cables, first aid kit, blanket, umbrella, mag light, leatherman tool, knife, cig lighter powered air compressor - takes forever to fill a tire but it works..........

· Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Something tells me he doesn't have kids..........:D Not with all that stuff in his truck!

I'll tell you what's in mine..........2 booster seats, couple of lego's, a barbie doll, some skittles and I'm sure some french fries - not the good ones either but the dark brown/burnt and crunchy ones. :rolleyes:

Seriously though - I've got some stuff stashed under my rear seats, jumper cables, first aid kit, blanket, umbrella, mag light, leatherman tool, knife, cig lighter powered air compressor - takes forever to fill a tire but it works..........
Kids are grown up and moved out Hooray! Same stuff except towchain was in the trunk of my 78 Camaro. Where I ran into issues was the 92 Sonoma I had. Then I got a box behind the cab.

· Registered
176 Posts

True story... a couple weeks ago, I was cleaning out my truck (at least, as best I can with all my son's shoes and jackets that momma keeps in my truck) and next to the cushy ball laying on the floor what did I find... a soiled diaper. oy vey!. :banghead: :mad:

· Registered
256 Posts
Behind the rear seat I carry one of those nice Crescent tool kits that Costco sells. On the other side is a 12 volt compressor and a tire plugging kit. Inside the console is a Surefire flash light, a Crescent wrench, and a fat Swiss army knife as well as a small plstic jar filled with change for parking or soda's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.