Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to be ordering some 4.88 gears very soon, don't know any recommended shops that I could go to.

Have any of you guys that live in the orange county/ LA county area and got your gears changed have a good recommended shop that I could go to to get them changed?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am also looking for a shop here in so cal. Any luck???

·
Vendor
202 Posts
There is this guy....

Seriously, there is a guy that is a roaming differential shop. Runs his shop out of a large truck. He rolls in to the different off road shops and will regear the diff jobs they have waiting or puts in lockers and so on. They guy is really good. I closed my Cali shop a couple of years ago and can't remember how to contact him.

You can give Demello a call and get on the schedule for the next time the guy comes by to get yours done. You can save money if you pull the diffs yourself and drop them off so the guy can knock them out.

There is another shop in that area that totally screws up Toyota diffs. Can't remember who that is, but you might find info on it in the Uber FJ thread in the FJ Forums. Botched like 4 diff jobs on the same truck. Horrible.

G

·
Registered
133 Posts
No luck. Anyone else recommend shops????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts