Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine with a Tundra has an undercover flex and he was not that impressed.. I trust his judgment so I went looking for something else and landed on the Gator FX3.

Ordered straight from Gator as they offered a slight discount and shipping was very fast!

Packaging was very good! All major components were encapsulated in form fit foam and very well protected.

I have the Rail system which complicated the install just a bit, but not to much and not only were all parts included for this aspect of the install but they even included a few extra pieces and bolts.

The remaining part of the install was quick and painless and in fact with the exception of setting the cover up on the truck I did everything by myself!

Fit and finish are top notch and while I obviously can't comment on how dry it keeps the bed or how long it will last my expectations are pretty high based on everything I have seen so far!

My only beef and it is very picky is that i would rather the texture of the panels be either gone (smooth) or a little less pronounced!

Had the truck a week and this is my second mod.. I'll post about my first in another thread.

Looking forward to participating on the forum!

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Doing research and stumbled upon this thread. Doubt I will get a response but I do have a couple questions if by miracle anyone knows the answers.

1) Did the deck rail system have to be relocated like on the Bak products?

2) Overall this looks like a clone of the mx4 besides not being able to close the tailgate with the cover down? I have tried to look for information about Gator as a company but they looked to be owned and operated by Realtruck. My suspicion is that Gator is Realtrucks brand that is contracted out to Bak. Autoanything has a similar ProZ product line that is just an Undercover clone made by Undercover

Any help would be appreciated.. I like the Bakflip MX4 but the price has always seemed just a little more than I wanted to spend. Thought I might be able to get the Gator at a little better price with the same basic quality and functionality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts