Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

Longtime lurker first time poster. Loving everything that everyone has done to their trucks ( i believe if you have the balls to go for it more power to you)

But to get on topic I own a 2010 CM RW with 3/1 leveling kit with 18" black chrome pro comps on 33" (wasnt a fan of the RW wheels and sold them for a pretty penny :lol5: ) , HID's hi/low/fog, pioneer double din, info buttons, painted (plasti dip) gauge surround, NFAB side steps from toyota, painted black 5.7 logo, (had limo windows and TL tinted but got a ticket... I HATE CALI's tint and gun laws....) this is my second Gen2 tundra first one was an 07 and ended up LEMON LAWing the truck. Yes lemon on a toyota....

Anyways when i step on the gas after coasting it almost feels like the tranny is slapping into gear... doesnt sound good at all and there is a loud clunk when i put it into drive or reverse. Im thinking either drive shaft or loose tranny mounts but wanted your guy's opinion as my dealer says that it is "A known problem that they are trying to fix" told them ok i will see them later HA!

opinions??? and no thread is good without pics so here you go!!

This was out at havasu this weekend

EDIT::: unable to post a reply so I guess ill just have to reply here but it is 4x4 all rw are 4x4 and what is the tsb that Toyota has for this tranny? And thanks but it's actually a friends boat can't take credit for that beauty lol

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
You have a 4x4? There is a TSB out on the tranny.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
If you post an intro in the new member section you'll be able to reply to a post. Until then, you can't.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Well, Bret, welcome, and ye got it right straight away - we love some pictures here! All I can say is nice truck, and tell ye friend - wha' a boat! I reckon y'all boys don't slow down enough in that boat to do nary fishing, eh?

·
"A Man Needs A Maid"
1,277 Posts
After my level I had to re torque the u bolts. I was noticing a jolt at get up and go and stop.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting... why would the U bolts be loose? shouldnt they have torqued them when doing the level?

·
"A Man Needs A Maid"
1,277 Posts
Interesting... why would the U bolts be loose? shouldnt they have torqued them when doing the level?
I think the u bolts start to form better to the axle as time goes by after the install. I was really surprised at how many turns it took to get them back to spec.

Reactions: Powertechn2

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
The u bolts may require re-torquing...

The U JOINTS are greaseable, and often get missed...

Gfs dads truck just had u joints fail at 40k due to no grease fitting... He had spicers installed with fitting... problem solved.

Our trucks (cm's) have a carrier bearing... This will cause a shudder in the drive line at times, gets worse after you lift, seems to be more common after a block lift in the rear for reason's which I don't fully understand... Likely because a block changes just the height of the spring pack over the axle, not the angle as a rear shackle lift pivots a block just lifts...

I had a shudder and dropped my carrier appx 1/2 inch. Made a difference even stock rear height...

Things to check and try.

BTW, a clunk going from forward to reverse is actually normal, this is common on any rwd vehicle. it is small tolerances in each component adding up.

Reactions: cueto

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
right on thanks ill have to look at that u joint and see whats up. seems to be the common census.. something i would have never though of...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts