Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
789 Posts
I've only ran one tank and that was 381.4 miles and it took 20.9 gal to fill it up. 18.2mpg for very first tank i'm pleased with that! I checked what miles it was when gas light came on and by calculations it was 19.7gal used. These trucks have a 26 gal tank with a 6 gal reserve.

· Premium Member
5,481 Posts
I've run 420, no joke, and put in like 19 gallons. All highway.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

· Premium Member
2,270 Posts

· Registered
14,312 Posts
because your truck either think's its near empty as it hasn't gone past that amount, or you are getting poor fuel economy.

Can't tell what you have... Could be a lifted cm on 35's with a v6 for all I know.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

· Registered
839 Posts
Range is nice, but in the end you have to go by actual mpg. Use the same fuel pump (to eliminate the variable of when the auto-shutoff occurs), and do at least three tanks of gas, driving as you normally would. Record how much you put in each time, and how far you went, and then determine actual mpg. I keep a logbook in each of my vehicles for this sort of thing.

I've only filled up twice, about 320 to the fuel light. Was sad to see 16.8 on the first; was excited to see 17.9 on the second--until I got in and realized it clicked off at 7/8 full. Doah! I only drive it on weekends so it's going to be another month before I figure out if it has issues, or even figure out exactly what is doing.

· Registered
801 Posts
My odo is currently at 2500 miles. Most times I drive like a teenager and around town with an average 10 mile trips a day I've gone from a solid 10 miles a gallon to almost 12. With 50% highway I've gotten as much as 14 miles a gallon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.