Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple months ago I became a Tundra owner and so far I've been loving it. I started off with a 2015 SR 4.6 double cab for my first Tundra. It has been good to me but I would like to upgrade to the Sr5. I would love to have the TRD 4x4 5.7 2014/2015. I'm fine with the double cab or crew max if it's within my budget. Can I get an Sr5 with around 60,000 miles that have those features within my budget (23k-25k)? And what is this difference between the 2014s and 2015s?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
317 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Yota, I'm on the same boat looking for an used tundra. Irma put me on hold as I might need a new roof after some of my shingles fell off. I'm waiting on the insurance adjuster to see if they are repairing it or replacing.

I did test drove a 2010 tundra 5.7 XSP crewmax with 55K on it and it was in excellent condition. I also test drove a 2017 4.6 with 17K on it double cab XP. I found out that the 2017 rides way smoother over the bumps and road imperfections than the 2010. I can feel the difference on power with the 5.7 but the 4.6 was not bad at all.

Once I figure out my roof situation I will be in the lookout again. Maybe the 2010 will still be available.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Yota, I'm on the same boat looking for an used tundra. Irma put me on hold as I might need a new roof after some of my shingles fell off. I'm waiting on the insurance adjuster to see if they are repairing it or replacing.

I did test drove a 2010 tundra 5.7 XSP crewmax with 55K on it and it was in excellent condition. I also test drove a 2017 4.6 with 17K on it double cab XP. I found out that the 2017 rides way smoother over the bumps and road imperfections than the 2010. I can feel the difference on power with the 5.7 but the 4.6 was not bad at all.

Once I figure out my roof situation I will be in the lookout again. Maybe the 2010 will still be available.

Good to know. The 2010's are definitely solid. I like the newer styling of the 2014 and above tundras. I have heard that Toyota slightly adjusted the aerodynamics for 2015s not sure how true that is. I'd like to go with the 5.7 since you'll have more power and the MPG difference between the 4.6 seems to be very minor. Haven't really seen too many 4x4 Tundras on the market. I would probably settle if I found a sr5 4x4 double cab within my budget. Then add the TRD parts myself gradually. Ive read that the TRD makes for a smoother ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.