Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just joined, looking hard at a Tundra 5.7 for my next truck. Not a fan of Electronic Power steering or Active Fuel Management. Glad to see Neither on the Tundra.

2011 GMC 1500 4.8 (No AFM) is my current ride.

Thanks,

Will

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome. The fuel mileage suffers from lack of cylinder shutdown technology, but what makes it simple keeps it strong (IMO). No collapsed lifters here. So far my biggest complaint is the stereo sucks :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
My biggest complaint with my tundra is that no one ever wants to go 4 wheeling with me so I don't get to take it on the trails very often. Not a problem with my truck just my friends haha.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great to hear. I am also considering a 2500HD 6.0 gasset just to avoid the gimmicky eps/afm. A little more truck than I need.

I usually buy lease returns, so I really do not want headaches from afm/eps.

A little less mpg is ok with me. A double cab sr5 longbed 5.7 will be perfect.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My biggest complaint with my tundra is that no one ever wants to go 4 wheeling with me so I don't get to take it on the trails very often. Not a problem with my truck just my friends haha.
How is Toyota's auto diff lock offroading?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It doesn't have an auto diff lock. It has auto lsd. I've never had an issue with it. It is, contrary to popular belief as good as any traditional lsd I've had.
Thank you so much. After srepping back and looing at the new Sierra 1500 and a new Tundra, i love the simplicity of the Tundra more.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts