Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Only thing I am not crazy about is the chrome screws in the center cover.
Going to take them out and swap them with black screws when I get a chance

·
Registered
131 Posts
Getting them mounted today. Installed today to tomorrow

Had to run down to the Place last night. They had a question regarding the TPMS sensors not being supported against the rim (about a 1/2" of space between the sensor and rim) so they were worried they would snap them when they trying to get the new tire on the rims. You would think they would lie flat against the rim to avoid being damaged.

Oh and the Fuel rims come with two holes.
One on the front side and one on the rear.
TPMS goes in the rear hole and they put one rim on my truck to check the clearance on the sensor stem. The clearance was good since these are 20" rims but might be a little close on the front if they were 18's.

I also ordered a set of "ET" spline drive nuts in case the ones I got with the rims do not grab enough of the studs. Those should be dropped to my office tomorrow. Come on USPS don't mess the shipment up!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Getting them mounted today. Installed today to tomorrow

Had to run down to the Place last night. They had a question regarding the TPMS sensors not being supported against the rim (about a 1/2" of space between the sensor and rim) so they were worried they would snap them when they trying to get the new tire on the rims. You would think they would lie flat against the rim to avoid being damaged.

Oh and the Fuel rims come with two holes.
One on the front side and one on the rear.
TPMS goes in the rear hole and they put one rim on my truck to check the clearance on the sensor stem. The clearance was good since these are 20" rims but might be a little close on the front if they were 18's.

I also ordered a set of "ET" spline drive nuts in case the ones I got with the rims do not grab enough of the studs. Those should be dropped to my office tomorrow. Come on USPS don't mess the shipment up!!!!!!!!

Please post pictures when you get a chance.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Not mounted yet. Tire Mounting Machine scratched the rims :/
They sent them out to get the scratches fixed.

Did receive the spline drive ET lug nuts today.....too bad no tires to lock onto the hubs

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not mounted yet. Tire Mounting Machine scratched the rims :/
They sent them out to get the scratches fixed.

Did receive the spline drive ET lug nuts today.....too bad no tires to lock onto the hubs
Uggh that stinks.. That's one of my fears which is why I bought the tires/wheels from the same place.. Mine should be shipping today.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this is a bit of an old post but I thought I'd add to it anyway.

Ordered a set Vapor D569 20x9, +20 with Nitto G2's, 285/65/20 for a 16 CM. Truck has a 3/1.5 lift. Went to install them yesterday and had a few issues. After mounting the tires, there was significant rubbing at front and rear when turning. Even after removing the plastic flaps and liners the rubbing was excessive. Tried a 275/65/20 and still had problems. Turns out that we received wheels with a +1 offset instead of the +20. Lesson learned is that +1 does not work on a Tundra with only a 3/1.5 lift. The +20's are due today, I'll update as to whether they fit or not.

Also, the typical pics of the D569's look bronz-ish. However, in real life, the color is dependent on the lighting. In direct, harsh light, the wheels are black and grey but in most other lighting conditions there is a broze or brown tint to them.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts