Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My display said "3 miles to empty". I stopped and topped off. 20.8 gallons. Book says truck holds 26.4! How could I only have 3 miles left if there is presumably 5.6 gallons left in the tank⁉⁉ Is Toyota that overly cautious that they built in a 70 mile hidden cushion⁉

Anybody done a test and run the truck to fumes to see how far they can actually go on a tank?

✌??

·
Registered
159 Posts
My display said "3 miles to empty". I stopped and topped off. 20.8 gallons. Book says truck holds 26.4! How could I only have 3 miles left if there is presumably 5.6 gallons left in the tank Is Toyota that overly cautious that they built in a 70 mile hidden cushion

Anybody done a test and run the truck to fumes to see how far they can actually go on a tank?

I've had the same issue. I'm hoping there is a bundle of money from the previous owner in my gas tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
??? This just means I'm gonna start pressing my luck and keep driving after it says "0"! User my trip meter and go 60 more miles before hitting the pump??

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have driven my (07') needle just past the bottom of the last line. I think I pumped 23gallons in it. Yes there is a "reserve" and you can drive several miles after your indicator tells you that you are empty. But I wouldn't recommend finding the "oh crap im out of gas" level.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.