Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a set of wheels for my 2017 Tundra for two or three weeks, and it's starting to become somewhat frustrating trying to find a simple and clean all black wheel, especially since I really do not want a wheel with fake bead locks, and it seems like 90% of the wheels that fit the G2/G3 Tundras have those. And those that do not often do not have the offset I am looking for, in the 18+ to 30+ range.

So I came across the Fuel Ripper wheels and they come in two designs, all black and black with milled edges. Fuel's website shows both wheels being available in 1+ and 20+ offset.

I went to Discount Tire to ask them for a price quote on a set of the black 20+ offset wheels and they said they're only available in the 1+ size. If I wanted the 20+ size I would have to order a set with the milled edges, which I do not want.

I emailed Fuel about this several days ago and still haven't gotten a response.

Hmmm.

One other wheel I am looking at is the ATX 201 model. I like the classic looking design of those wheels but I'm just not sold on the square nooks on the lip of the wheel. Looks like they would be a real pain to clean and dry out every time I washed the truck.

Oh boy...

Quite honestly, one last wheel I really like is the SCS SR8 in black and I'm still thinking about those wheels, but just not really sold on having those bolts/bead locks on the lip.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sure, thanks, customwheels. I think I will keep on searching for something else but will definitely keep you in mind if I go with the fuel rippers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the SCS Sr8's in jet matte black and IMO the fake bead locks are subtle and not overwhelming. It is a nice clean looking wheel with just the right offset for me. It's also hubcentric which was a big plus. I have gotten plenty of compliments on them. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the SCS Sr8's in jet matte black and IMO the fake bead locks are subtle and not overwhelming. It is a nice clean looking wheel with just the right offset for me. It's also hubcentric which was a big plus. I have gotten plenty of compliments on them. Good luck with your search.
I agree. It's a totally awesome design. I really like so many things about the SCS SR8 wheel. I have just had it in the back of my head for a while that I did not want beadlocks (or anything similar to that) around the lip of my rims. It was actually at the top of my list for a while and I think I've literally looked at every 18x9 5x150 wheel you can find online for our trucks!

And funny thing. I am actually thinking about just slapping a new set of tires on the truck and calling it good for the next 50k with the current steel wheels. I think I'm going a bit overboard... and while it would definitely add tons to the coolness factor of my truck having a new set of wheels on it, right now, I need to be thinking a little bit more about improving the function of this awesome machine rather than the form! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.