Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here is a question I have, after filling up your fuel tank and the range on your information center updates what is the range that it reads? When I first bought the truck and the dealership filled it up it read 420 miles as I remember but that kept changing everytime I filled it up now when I fill it up it tells me that my fuel range is 304 miles. With a 25-26 gallon tank it the range should be somewhere around 375 miles I would think. Right now I am averaging about 15.5 MPG according to the information center. Any thoughts on this???????

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
The range is based on your past average fuel economy. So if you have been "hot rodding" the truck quite a bid your fuel range will go down. If you drive it without hot rodding for a while the fuel range will come back up. Its the same concept on my F250 pickup also. 2WD I get about 12MPG, but put the thing in 4WD and I'm lucky to get 8MPG. Its all the same concept, just like when you do a lot of towing your not going to be able to drive as far on that tank of gas, as you would if you were just running the truck by itself.

Hope this helps. I can't wait to get my Tundra in January. Still waiting on my re-enlistment bonus from the national guard.

G

·
Yep, that is correct. You can reset you average fuel if you have been towing or hot rodding. Just click the info button until it is showing average then press and hold the reset button. Now you can check your average fuel mileage under normal driving conditions. I do that all the time because I have that "lead" disease in my right foot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts