Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious what type of fuel mileage people are seeing going from winter to summer fuel blends for city driving.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I put bigger tires on in November (just as winter fuel made its way here) needless to say, my mpg took a major dump. I'm hoping summer blend will help bump it back up a little.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: lkn4trouble

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I step on the gas more in the summer, so I don't see any difference :)
OH.....I understand, I have a 510 HP GTO in the garage and it's NOT babied :D

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
I was just curious what type of fuel mileage people are seeing going from winter to summer fuel blends for city driving.
Probably 2-3mpg. The winter blend this year had me avg 18mpg my lowest. Just found some summer blend and getting improved mpg's.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Probably 2-3mpg. The winter blend this year had me avg 18mpg my lowest. Just found some summer blend and getting improved mpg's.
Will the station know or tell you if they have summer blend?
How did you find out?

·
Registered
180 Posts
My mpg dropped from 19 to 17 on the winter blend. I also dropped the aiir in my tires to 30 psi front 33 psi rear. In summer I run 36 psi.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
I lose about 2 mpg.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I went from 13.8mpg this past winter to 15.9mpg so far this spring. That would be an increase of 2.1mpg by my awesome math skills.

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
Will the station know or tell you if they have summer blend?
How did you find out?
My last tank's mpg's were higher than the tank before. Driving the same way. News station has stated the refineries are switching over to summer blend a couple of weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Took a 4 hour ride the other day and noticed approx a 2.2 mpg increase. Ever little bit helps :)

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
More ethanol sucks more gas period. I think about 1/2 of the increase in mpg might be due to the increase in temps say 10 degrees winter to 50 degrees now. Cold sucks more gas than higher temps.

I once ran E85 on my tundra and chevy silverado and got 13.5 hwy mpg vs. 17 or so normally. If it ever warms up here in the next few weeks, I hope to achieve 1-2 more mpg as well. I'd love to be able to get 21-22 hwy mpg and should, but the politicians are in bed with the oil mfgs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts