Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I recently purchased my first Toyota (2007 Tundra Limited Double Cab) and really want to love it but it’s spent about as much time down and in the shop as it has been on the road in the last two months. I’m really second guessing buying this truck now.

I realize now that 2007 was the first year of the new body style and there are intrinsic issues with that and lack of proper maintenance is also an issue but I’ve dropped $4k on this truck in the last 2 months and then my starter goes out yesterday.
The truck has 200k miles on it. I purchased it from the brother in law of the deceased former owner, who didn’t take the best care of it but I got a great deal on it. Since then, I’ve had it tuned up, oil changed, rotors and pads replaced, Secondary Air Injection system replaced (went into limp mode within a week of taking possession) and now the starter went out on it.

I really want to love this truck and Toyota in general but having a difficult time with that right now. Can someone talk me off the ledge of wanting to cut my losses and find a more reliable truck?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well if the previous owner didn’t take care of it I’m guessing you’ve acquired a slew of past “to-do’s”. I imagine once you get past those you should be in pretty good shape but also keep in mind it is a 14 year old truck that has 200k on it. Toyota is the only truck you could have this conversation about.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Given that it wasn’t taken the best care of, once you get some of these maintenance items out of the way, you’ll be good to go. It’s starter is bound to go out, and it’s probably never been replaced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts