Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know how much weight I can put on the front, using a Draw Bar/Hitch for 'just' spotting my 23ft ToyHauler about 40 feet into its 'tight' space. Mostly level on concrete, up the drive way into the RV pad next to my home. SO, I want to put a CURT front hitch on the front so I can see and steer better, and not hit anything. I have a 2011 2WD, CrewMax, 5.7 V8. The Curt, from E-Trailer.com, is a bolt on, where the 2 tow hooks were, after removing the tow hooks. Does anyone know how much of a load I can put on the front for a slow move of the TT into its spot, about 40 feet and done. Thanks Larry {:>o}

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
How much tongue weight on that trailer? I can't answer for a 2 WD, but people put plows on the front of 4 x 4' Tundra's all the time. Plows hangers and the plows can approach 600lbs.

I'm sure the frame is strong enough, I would worry about the front end suspension bottoming out. If the springs don't completely compress, then your good to go. The compression of the front suspension is much more compounded when you hit a nasty bump.

I know about parking big trailers. Using the front of a vehicle makes the job so much easier. You can put a trailer anywhere you want.

I'm hopping you go forward with this project. I think this would deserve a pretty good write up.

Looking forward to pics and a review.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I use a front receiver for moving trailers around.
Most are rated for around 500lbs lateral and 9000lbs pull/push. What is the tongue weight of your toy hauler?
I have a receiver extender on mine as I needed to get out past the grille guard.

Very versatile. I use to move empty trailers around, but use the tractor bucket with a welded on front receiver for heavier trailers (14,000lbs of hay for example). I use my Tundra front receiver every week to get the trash can down the drive to the gate.

Attachments

·
Registered
753 Posts
I use my Tundra front receiver every week to get the trash can down the drive to the gate.
So how fast have you gone while taking the trash out without spilling it? ;) :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts