Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna be installing my 5100's soon and will likely add the diff drop spacer kit at the same time. Been doing some searching on the net and most seem to be in the $25-35 range. I noticed that the RevTek brand stated that it will help extend the life of the factory inner CV boots. So my question is: Is that all this spacer kit is used for, protecting the boots? Is there no additional stress on the shafts if the spacer kit is not installed. Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
where is a good place to buy them. can't see them being very different as all they are is a spacer and new longer bolt.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where is a good place to buy them. can't see them being very different as all they are is a spacer and new longer bolt.
I did a google search "2014 tundra front diff spacer kit". The only stand alone spacer kits I found were Revtek and Supreme Suspensions. SS kits were $30 on their site and about $26 on Amazon.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since I'm only putting about a 33 inch tire on my truck, I'm sure I could get away with just using the middle setting on the 5100 and that should provide a fairly level look to it. However, I'd hate to use the middle setting then regret not going with the top setting. The only reason I'm actually hesitant about the diff spacer kit is the PITA it will be when removing the skid plate during oil changes. As I appreciate it, the spacers for the skid plate always have to be repositioned when putting the bolt/screw back on. I've only changed the oil once so far since my maintenance agreement expired. Unless I was doing something wrong, that skid plate was a PITA take off and put back on. The front hangers almost caused me throw the entire skid plate into the ditch.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Toytec also sells a front diff spacer kit

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
I know Ill get flamed for this, but I use stacked washers :yikes:
(The "spacers" that came with my coilover spacers were worthless, and the washers havent moved in 3 years. )

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
289 Posts
You could JB weld the skid plate spacers so they don't move around every time you take them off.

·
Registered
825 Posts
You could JB weld the skid plate spacers so they don't move around every time you take them off.
Hell just use a lil bit of permanent 3m mounting tape lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts