Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The recycled air feature does not work on my 2002 Tundra SR5 with 110,000 miles. I just bought the truck and it came to me this way. The power light on the switch does not light. I checked all the fuses that seemed even tangentially related, but all were good. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Ideas? I have an idea. No practical experience with it.

Fresh to recirculating must involve some sort of diverter gate/flap/etc. Unless you have a mechanical lever (not sure how 2002's are configured) then I would think the diverter must be run by a small electrical motor (doubt pneumatic from engine vacuum). That small electrical motor has gone kerpoot???

Need to find a Mama Toyota service manual and look for a diagram to see how all this "plumbing" is configured.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This one is not mechanical. Wish it were. It's push button activated. I guess a core question I have, is if the red indicator light doesn't come on is that an indication of the switch, power to the switch, or something else? Also, if anyone happens to know which fuse is responsible for this function that would be great. I checked many today, but not all.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
The recycled air feature does not work on my 2002 Tundra SR5 with 110,000 miles. I just bought the truck and it came to me this way. The power light on the switch does not light. I checked all the fuses that seemed even tangentially related, but all were good. Any ideas?
where do you have the blend set? dash, floor or defrost? try it in different positions.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, Imagoober. Maybe not totally, but at least partially.

where do you have the blend set? dash, floor or defrost? try it in different positions.
In the Tundra one cannot activate recycled air when in a defrost position. As suggested, when moving to floor or other position the recycled air indicator light comes on. In all my cars I tend to use the defroster setting for airflow as I prefer it that way. Yesterday I added the missing cargo lamp fuse, so it may also be that the recycled air feature depends on that fuse.

Cheers,
Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.