Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Big sale on Fox Racing Shocks​
We all want the best performance right??
Fox has a lot of different shock options, almost all series have a factory replacement options if your truck is stock height. The same series are also available if you have a lift.

Here's a rundown of each series they offer.

2.0 Adventure Series​
Fox’s Adventure series shocks share the 2” diameter of their other shock lines. The adventure series do not share the aluminum bodies of some of the others, instead it is a Steel body, so the heat dissipation doesn’t quite match their normal racing shock.
The Adventure series is a great entry level shock for offroading, but provides a softer ride for when you're on the road.

2.0 Performance IFP Series
The base race shock that Fox offers for most trucks. This one will be your higher performing damper that is a massive upgrade over any factory part, and even an upgrade over many aftermarket shocks. These shocks are aluminum bodied to resist corrosion and rust over the use. These shocks typically ride firmer than a Bilstein 5100 or 4600 shock, but do a better job offroad by lasting longer in hard conditions, mainly due to the aluminum body and components that dissipate heat faster and the higher pressure nitrogen gas to prevent hydraulic fluid cavitation. These will be a firmer road over factory of course, mostly focused on being off road and on the trails.

2.0 Performance Reservoir / CD Adjuster
The reservoir addition to the Performance Series shocks provide additional shock fluid for the shock to operate with, resulting in lower temperature and more consistent handling. With the oil reservoir moved to the extra body, this opens up more travel inside the main shock body as well.
These contain all the same benefits as the IFP shocks, with additional features. The remote reservoirs on these shocks contain adjustment dials to fine tune the compression ability on the main shock body. This allows on the fly adjustment to provide a firmer or softer ride, depending on your needs.

2.5 Factory Series​
Fox 2.5 Factory series shocks are THE shock for hardcore offroading, when you're on dirt more than road, and need a shock that you wont have to worry about.
The 2.5" thick body contains significantly more shock fluid than the 2.0 Performance or Factory series shocks, meaning cooler temperatures for harder riding. Additionally, many applications have the availability of remote reservoirs, further increasing shock capability. You most likely will never reach the limit of what these thicker bodied badass shocks can do. There shocks are built with upgraded components, valve stacks, bearings, and other internal parts.

2.5 Factory Series with DSC Adjustment
All the same benefits of the 2.5 Factory series shocks, but with "The Dual Speed Compression (DSC) adjuster which provides added control and comfort tuning for on-road use while also offering more aggressive damping for off road. This allows for specific suspension tuning with just a twist of two dials.

·
Vendor
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Price for 2.5 factory series to zip code 87123?
What year is your truck? Also, you looking for the IFP or did you want the reservoir? Is your truck lifted? And did you want front and rear both I'm guessing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can you send me the exact same information shipped to 28110?

Side note, you may want to change your original post from Jeep to Tundra :)

·
Vendor
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you send me the exact same information shipped to 28110?

Side note, you may want to change your original post from Jeep to Tundra :)
Thanks! lol. I posted it a couple times, must have missed this one.
I will get that quote for you and PM you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts