Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Fox 2.0 front and rear

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Tundra11b 
#1 ·
My situation is I am a daily driver in Southern California. My truck never sees dirt. I had about 100k miles on my truck and wanted upgraded shocks. I had a two inch puck up front on stock black shocks. I hated the floated feeling they gave.

I went with the 2.0 coilovers and 2.0 rear shocks. I also added the Toytec Shakles and poly bushings on the middle setting to take some squat away when I tow the boat.

I love the shock choice because it feels soft and comfortable. It handles much more predictable during turns and freeway driving. I don't get kicked around as much driving over road imperfections. The shocks aren't stiff at all. There is less body roll for sure. I completely recommend this set up for someone in my situation.

#2 ·
Thanks for the review, I was gonna buy those as they are cheap now with total chaos uppers but I have read many people saying a 2.0 shock is not proportionate to the weight of the tundra but then im like "well, the stock shocks look smaller than the fox 2.0's". Did you remove the front sway bar?, I go offroad every now and then and my pro comp pro runners are holding up good so far but I didn't want to remove the front sway bar with stock springs.

#3 ·
The idea that the fox 2.0 coilover is too small for the truck is just incorrect. It's a bigger shock than stock and Toyota has decided those are just fine. If I was jumping the thing I would have chosen a different shock. I left the front sway bar on. I would imagine if it was off it would wander a little more on the road. I understand removing it in an off road capacity. Again, this is a commuter truck and to get my family across the desert to Lake Havasu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.