Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, just got my truck back from 4wheelparts, who installed a Fox 2.0 coil over set in the front, ProComp wheels, and some new BFG T/A's

The specs: 2013 SR5 double cab, 2 wheel drive, 4.6 liter v8. Added the coil overs, 18x9 ProComp wheels, and 275-70-18 BFG's. Nothing added to the rear.

I wanted the truck to come out basically level, but still a little bit raked, one of the reasons I went with the fox, they are basically infinitely adjustable. Unfortunately the shop wouldn't commit to a height, they just asked "high, low, or level?" For a few reasons, I didn't want the full 2 inches of lift, but mostly I didn't want to reach the limits of the stock geometry, and start blowing out other parts (tie rods etc). The story from the tech was the fox's aren't adjustable on the truck, it's a full install charge every time you want to change it. In the end they got it pretty much dead level when empty, though a little higher in the front than I would have chosen. With anything more than a sack of potting soil in the back, it's full on Cali-lean.

Results: just wrapped up a 1600 mi road trip to Oregon, and was pleasantly surprised. Average mpg fell from 15.2 to 14.9 (not all that bad IMO) handling was pretty much preserved. A little stiffer in front, a little more wandering on the freeway, less shivering from the front on rough roads, washboards, etc.

So on to the pics: at least what I can upload from a phone...will add more soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looks good. Time for some tint and BHLM to tie in the black wheels.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts