Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

281 - 285 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Your problem is not with the Fortin piece. The problem is first tech changed the protocols of the drones themselves. As a result they are not compatible with the Evo one anymore

·
Registered
51 Posts
Your problem is not with the Fortin piece. The problem is first tech changed the protocols of the drones themselves. As a result they are not compatible with the Evo one anymore
Thank Door Ding. You are a lot smarter than me with this , but I want to ask. So I didn't update/change the Drone in any way, and it literally started my truck yesterday before Fortin helped me today everything was working as it should besides the starting grinding ~ 50% of the time pressing the brake. Thanks!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks to everyone who commented on here. My new (used) 2014 Limited did not have an auto start and I definitely needed one (North Dakota). Searched around thinking it would be a $400 investment and found you guys. 180 some $ delivered and just a couple of hours later I can start my truck from inside the house! All plug and play.

2014 Limited
20x9 Fuel Krank wheels
33 x 12.5 Toyo Open Country RT
ToyTec/Eibach 3" Lift
Total Chaos Fabrication upper control arms

Sent from my S10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed this a little while ago and couldn't be happier. I bought the Evo-One with the Toyota T-Harness from a forum member. If anyone is considering getting a remote start, I highly recommend the Fortin. Stupid simple install.

This is a picture of the wire harnesses that comes with the unit.

Picture of the T-Harness.

Using the T-Harness you eliminate having to cut into your ignition harness. Another huge benefit to this system is you cut down on the number of wires you install. I think you have to tap into 7 wires and cut 2 others. So you go from the harness above to only needing the wires in the following picture.

The install instructions say you have to cut two wires. Once the wire is cut, you attach two wires from the Evo-One to both cut ends of the factory wire to complete the circuit / loop. I didn't want to cut any wires so I removed the wires from the factory harness. You can find the instructions on how to remove the wires in this thread.

Anytime fog light mod (no cutting)

I wanted to be able to go back to stock if I wanted so I had to buy two new wire terminals. Instead of cutting the wire I unplugged it from the harness / connector. I then wrapped the metal end of that wire to one of the wires from the Evo-One. I attached the second wire to the wire I bought and then plugged it into the factory harness / connector. That way I eliminated any cutting. These are the part numbers for the new wires. They were about $12 each.

If anyone is considering a remote start system, don't hesitate to buy this one. After I had everything installed I ran into some issues and literally spent over an hour on the phone with the seller as he helped troubleshoot the problem. I was dumb and tried to remote start the truck with the hood open.

I'm happy with the range I get with the factory keyfob it. I had a range extender I was going to install but decided against it.

If anyone has any questions I'll do my best to answer them.

---------- UPDATE ----------

I noticed I didn't talk about any of the other wire connections I made. One of the points I made above was using OE connectors so I didn't have to cut anything. I also didn't cut any other wires I tapped into. I used the following method to attach the Fortin wires with the factory wiring.

Instead of using electrical tape I removed the wire from the harness so I could slide a piece heat shrink tubing onto the wire. Removing the wire also gave me some slack to work with attaching the wires together. Once the wires were connected and heat shrink applied I plugged the factory wire back into the harness.
I have a 2018 tundra. Will this still work. I noticed this thread was five years ago.

281 - 285 of 285 Posts