Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

261 - 280 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
From my digging it looks like the THAR-ONE-TOY7 will not be available till the end of January. if anyone has different information let us know.

Thanks, Mike

Mike, I have also confirmed this with two vendors.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Thanks to everyone for all the info - bought the evo one and the mycar for my 2018 platinum (H key) - like everyone said, pretty easy and straight forward to install, but I can't get the mycar to program to the evo one.

-Evo one works fine - I can't unlock doors without inserting the key after I remote start it- still can't figure out how some tundra's this works and some it doesn't, but guess i'm a bit unlucky. Also the hold down of the lock button doesn't work for me - need to push it 3 times.

-I didn't realize the mycar just needed the plug into the evo one and not the additional power, ground and yellow that are on it, so I did a little extra wiring/unwiring.

- I can't for the life of me get the mycar to program to the evo one. when I follow the instructions on programming, the only way I can get the evo one to flash blue/red is to unplug everything and then plug in the 6 wire harness while holding down the programming button (like I started the initial evo one programming). Is this what i'm supposed to do? then plug everything in (including mycar?) I've tried it 3 times and different ways and the mycar still won't work. I suspect it may be programming - both were programmed before shipping so I don't have the flashlink but am willing to buy if it finishes this up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
The MyCar is only available in Canada, so that's an important detail, not sure where you're from, but not too many people I imagine will be too helpful on here, just because it probably isn't very common. For the MyCar thing, if you are in the North, best thing to do is to get on the phone with tech support.

For your door locking issues, you need the module to be re-programmed. You can change the 3x push to start to the push and hold, and then change when the module allows "takeover", as well as the door locking features. You either will need the Flash Link Updater, or to send the module back out to whomever you purchased it from and have them correct it. Or you can always try to find a retail installer and see if they'll help you out as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ha! I don't know how I missed the Canada thing for the MyCar! I'll ship that back and order the RF remotes instead. Thanks!!!!!
I ordered the flash link and will work on reflashing the evo one and update if I can get that working smoother. much appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
SO... the Mycar does work in the US. Its been working great for me. I really struggled to get it working initially, but once I bought the flashlink device to program the unit myself, it took a couple of times, but it finally accepted the mycar.
Things I learned
- I didn't have to wire the mycar power and ground separately, it really is just plug and play into the evo one.
- wiring the Evo one was pretty quick and easy - i'm sure it'll be easier with the new harness. Programming it is a pain, but once I was able to reflash it, eventually it worked fine
- I wasn't able to use the mycar AND the extended remote fobs as they both plug into the same socket on the evo one.
- My 2018 Tundra unlimited won't unlock after using the remote start with the key fob (quite a pain)
- It will unlock if I use the mycar app
- I still get an occasional alarm when I remote start - haven't been able to establish a pattern for it yet.
Thanks for all the advice on here!

Chris

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone experience an issue with the door locks re-opening after the passenger door is opened and closed while truck is idle?

When I'm in the truck and someone gets in on the passenger side only the door locks actuate 2 times to the unlock position.

I checked my settings on the evo one module and everything looks normal

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts

Let us know how the install goes with that new harness! I’ve been waiting for it to come out before I order the stuff to do this. I already have a flash link and I’ve installed a couple fortins for friends (2 evo-all’s) but I didn’t wanna cut my own wires. Haha.

Looking forward to how it goes! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
SO... the Mycar does work in the US. Its been working great for me. I really struggled to get it working initially, but once I bought the flashlink device to program the unit myself, it took a couple of times, but it finally accepted the mycar.
Things I learned
- I didn't have to wire the mycar power and ground separately, it really is just plug and play into the evo one.
- wiring the Evo one was pretty quick and easy - i'm sure it'll be easier with the new harness. Programming it is a pain, but once I was able to reflash it, eventually it worked fine
- I wasn't able to use the mycar AND the extended remote fobs as they both plug into the same socket on the evo one.
- My 2018 Tundra unlimited won't unlock after using the remote start with the key fob (quite a pain)
- It will unlock if I use the mycar app
- I still get an occasional alarm when I remote start - haven't been able to establish a pattern for it yet.
Thanks for all the advice on here!

Chris
How did you solve the MyCar issue? I am stuck at the learning part and the Evo led will not turn red. I have the flashlink and followed all the instructions to program. Checked the Fortin 2 option....I'm stuck

Update:Use the valet switch/button to program and it learns as it should. The MyCar instructions can be interpreted wrong as they say to use the programming Push button...which makes one think the button on the Evo. The "programming Push button" is in fact the valet switch/button.

Everything is now working great. Now just need to tidy up my wires and I'm set.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got my THAR-ONE-TOY7 harness and Evo-One last weekend. Very easy to install and the best part...no splicing wires! True plug and play

Reactions: Slide187

·
Registered
197 Posts
I got my THAR-ONE-TOY7 harness and Evo-One last weekend. Very easy to install and the best part...no splicing wires! True plug and play

And everything works? Parking lights blah blah all of it? My toy7 gets here tomorrow. Can’t wait.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Assuming the Evo-One gets programmed correctly. Mine was Preprogrammed from the guy I bought it from.

Following is key:
"G" Key
No Factory Alarm
No hood pin sensor

So lock 3x and the parking lights flash and beep twice and starts. Parking lights stay on until you unlock, put key in ignition and turn to on position and then put your foot on the brake. Normal stuff.

Mine came programmed for the Factory Alarm but that apparently does not matter if you don't have it but is important if you do.

https://cdn.fortin.ca/download/71361/evo-one_ig_thr_bi_toy7_tundra_2010-2017_gkey_a_71361.pdf

·
Registered
197 Posts
Assuming the Evo-One gets programmed correctly. Mine was Preprogrammed from the guy I bought it from.

Following is key:
"G" Key
No Factory Alarm
No hood pin sensor

So lock 3x and the parking lights flash and beep twice and starts. Parking lights stay on until you unlock, put key in ignition and turn to on position and then put your foot on the brake. Normal stuff.

Mine came programmed for the Factory Alarm but that apparently does not matter if you don't have it but is important if you do.

https://cdn.fortin.ca/download/71361/evo-one_ig_thr_bi_toy7_tundra_2010-2017_gkey_a_71361.pdf

I programmed the unit by their instructions last night but the alarm option confused me as I have a limited, so it has that “security” module in the center console near the usb slot, and I get the lock icon flashing on my dash, but I’ve never “set off an alarm” on this thing. Hahah so idk if I have that or not. I do have the glass smash sensor.

Anyways the hood pin, you’re saying DONT install that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine did not have the factory hood pin switch. Fortin gives you the option to state you do or do not have the hood switch. I went with that. Saved me one less wire to deal with. That's mostly a safety thing. If the hood is open it won't start on somebody.

My understanding with the factory alarm is that when you have the factory alarm the remote start will need to unlock the doors, start the truck and then lock them again otherwise it will set off the alarm. So if you have the factory alarm then enable that feature in the fortin. You can enable it even if you do not have the factory alarm.

Reactions: Slide187

·
Registered
197 Posts
Mine did not have the factory hood pin switch. Fortin gives you the option to state you do or do not have the hood switch. I went with that. Saved me one less wire to deal with. That's mostly a safety thing. If the hood is open it won't start on somebody.

My understanding with the factory alarm is that when you have the factory alarm the remote start will need to unlock the doors, start the truck and then lock them again otherwise it will set off the alarm. So if you have the factory alarm then enable that feature in the fortin. You can enable it even if you do not have the factory alarm.

Got it. I guess I’m gonna just try it both ways since I have the flash link. Haha. I’d rather not have it actuate the door locks 6x every time I remote start if I don’t have to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just a reminder, if you look at the install guide that I linked earlier you will notice on page 3 there is a connector labeled #5 (for vehicle equipped with factory alarm) This connector is not part of the harnesses you get with the TOY7 harness. So if you do actually have the factory alarm you will need to enable that feature on the Fortin and splice into that wire on the factory connector.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just a reminder, if you look at the install guide that I linked earlier you will notice on page 3 there is a connector labeled #5 (for vehicle equipped with factory alarm) This connector is not part of the harnesses you get with the TOY7 harness. So if you do actually have the factory alarm you will need to enable that feature on the Fortin and splice into that wire on the factory connector.
Looks like it works, i didn't install the hood pin or the valet switch, and it turns out i DON'T have a "factory alarm" even tho it says stuff like that all over my window sticker and in the truck hahaha... not that i care about that. but start up, shutdown and key take over all happen the way they should, so thanks for all the info everyone!:thx::drive:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Installed the Fortin with the TOY7 harness and had no issues other than programming the unit. Install was completely plug and play. I did not add the hood pin switch or tap the key sense wire. I had a ebay seller program the unit twice since the first time the changes were not saved to the unit. This was for a 2014 G key SR5.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the Fortin Evo One with the factory Toyota fob, and a Drone Mobile. It it has been working pretty well for about 2 years. Recently I got to work, pulled they key and started to head into the office. When I got in front of the truck I realized it was still running. I HAD NOT hit the 3x start before pulling the key. I yanked the Fortin unit and it shut the truck off. I re-sent the firmware and set all the features back up they way (I think) I had it. Everything works except:

It occasionally (like 3 times per week) will crank the starter when I hit the brake (Key in or out of ignition).
It will occasionally start aft 2 button presses of the lock button on the fob
It will occasionally beep twice when I hit the lock button on the fob when it is only supposed to beep once.

I'll probably have to call Fortin, but, any ideas?

·
Registered
45 Posts
So I've read through this forum and came back to review. I just had my truck broken in to and was doing a little bit of research on two way alarms with remote start. And from what I gathered is that I'm SOL due to being a 2007 Tundra due to a CAN Bus issue??? Is there a way to bypass or add additional wiring to make this work? What are my current options for 2 way alarm with remote start? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Gremlins. I have had the Evo-One and Drone 3400 for a few years and working great. Started randomly (50% of the time) seeing issues with the Evo-One cranking the starter after remote start when I press the brake pedal. Fortin helped me fix a setting in Remote (it should be 24.1, and I had 24.something else). Anyway we'll see f that works. Now to current issue since they closed for the day....

They had me reset and re-flash a whole bunch of stuff back to factory. At this moment I am on current bypass firmware (79.54 I think?) and Remote firmware 1.24. Maybe the numbers are wrong but as of today it's current/recommended on both sides... #x start works, all is good except the Drone Mobile.

I flash back to 0.50 and now nothing works except the drone will lock and unlock the truck. No drone start, and no 3x start. Anyway Fortin tech support closed so they had to stop helping for the day, seeing if you guys have ideas. Thanks in advance everyone!

261 - 280 of 285 Posts