Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
I'm always entertained by the comments that the Tundra is ugly. I always thought it was a refined look of what Dodge was trying to do.

I asked my wife what she thought about the new Ford F150. Her response was... "it looks like it should be driven by a Mexican gardner with a sticker of Mother Theresa on the back window." I do love her so.

I almost signed up just to reply but for what reason? Sheeple will be sheeple. There is a lot of brand loyalty and I can see it warranted for Ford trucks.

What I was entertained by was all the positive comments about the Ecoboost all from everyone who does not have one. Silly 'mericans!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Wow that was a rough read, perfect example of ignorance and or stupidity. Gooo ford its american" you ****tard do you know many parts are in your truck that were made in sweat shops in other countries loll a good portion of "american companies" are owned or partial owned by other countries. And if it is a true usa company chances are parts of there product were made some where else. So your pretty much a moron when u say i only buy american made shit. ****ing tool. I would bet money thats the same guy drinking budwiper saying yup american beer........

·
Registered
308 Posts
Damn I'm embarrassed as a Ford fan, and current Ford owner. This made me LOL tho, "18.7 mpg mixed is what my 2012 is getting right now. Thats with 5.0 and 3.31 electric locker."

I'm sure if I dropped my Tundra from 4.30s to a set of 3.31s I'd get some pretty terrific gas mileage too. But that great mpg would come at the cost of get up and go, and towing. I'll just have to suffer with the crappy mpg, and the space shuttle hauling side effects that come with them. I am jealous of the e-locker tho :(

·
Premium Member
39,325 Posts
Damn I'm embarrassed as a Ford fan, and current Ford owner. This made me LOL tho, "18.7 mpg mixed is what my 2012 is getting right now. Thats with 5.0 and 3.31 electric locker."

I'm sure if I dropped my Tundra from 4.30s to a set of 3.31s I'd get some pretty terrific gas mileage too. But that great mpg would come at the cost of get up and go, and towing. I'll just have to suffer with the crappy mpg, and the space shuttle hauling side effects that come with them. I am jealous of the e-locker tho :(
I knew there was something off about you

·
Registered
717 Posts
Hahahaha haters, the lot of them. Yeah the Tundra has a couple small quirks but best damn truck, outperforms all of my other buddies trucks by far unless it was towing then my buddies duramax would win but it drove like a boat and has no get up and go

And to the oneecomment saying that the dudes buddies tundra blew it's rear dif and it cost him 2k, that I can't really see unless it was out of warranty

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts
I have always thought the Tundra needed a bigger gas tank. Especially if you are going to tow with it.

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have both, and like them equally for different reasons. The Ecoboost is amazing, mine is lifted with 3.31 gears, and(sure ill take a beating for this) but it is faster than the Tundra, stock with 4.30 gears. Nothing like the sound of a v8 though. The mileage hype from Ford is a joke on the Ecoboost, 14.8 lifetime average for me(all else aside, that is good mileage for a heavy lifted pickup). The way it makes torque is why it is cool, max torque at 2500 rpm and pretty much flat the rest of the way. Eco is for itching my need for speed, $400 dollar tuner and your running mid 13s. The Tundra is getting Camburg coil overs etc., and I have to have an 8' bed with the ability to haul the family in comfort, it is one of the only and best choices for this. Build quality, duh, there is no comparison, Toyota. Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
I have both, and like them equally for different reasons. The Ecoboost is amazing, mine is lifted with 3.31 gears, and(sure ill take a beating for this) but it is faster than the Tundra, stock with 4.30 gears. Nothing like the sound of a v8 though. The mileage hype from Ford is a joke on the Ecoboost, 14.8 lifetime average for me(all else aside, that is good mileage for a heavy lifted pickup). The way it makes torque is why it is cool, max torque at 2500 rpm and pretty much flat the rest of the way. Eco is for itching my need for speed, $400 dollar tuner and your running mid 13s. The Tundra is getting Camburg coil overs etc., and I have to have an 8' bed with the ability to haul the family in comfort, it is one of the only and best choices for this. Build quality, duh, there is no comparison, Toyota. Just my 2 cents.
The F150 and the Tundra were my "last two standing" when I was shopping. I like to hear the candid/honest feedback as it really does seem that I couldn't go wrong either way. I have a long history with Toyota vehicles NEVER leaving me stranded. That coupled with I think the Tundra is much better looking swayed me.

I could never get over the muffin top look to the rear of the bed and tailgate on the Ford. I like my women with meat on their bones but spare me the muffin top. :D Haha, just messin'!

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
1 - 20 of 48 Posts