Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
41 - 60 of 106 Posts

· Premium Member
3,239 Posts
The blower pulley is this one right above the yellow toyota logo...

More turns of the pulley per belt cycle means the blower rotors turn faster = more boost = more fun. Thus, you want smaller.

There are other pulleys guys swap out and someone else can speak to those, as I have no idea what they use.

· Registered
1,372 Posts
Lol Ryteside, you just explained how a blower works to someone who claims to have 600+ horsepower. He should know his shit.

· Registered
1,372 Posts
as long as I don't have to explain the birds and the bees to him, I'm cool with it
You should teach a couple of these guys how to type as well. Bunch of illiterates.

· Registered
138 Posts
Can I join? :D

Mods are in my signature.:) My dyno results will not upload but it dyno'd at 450/440 with nothing other than the unichip.

I have not been able to go to the track yet, but i know these 35's slowed it down a bit. Im hoping the VBM will help me get that power to the ground. (ASP pulley also?)

Attachments

· Registered
1,256 Posts
on the other hand has any one changed the oil in the super charger yet
I changed the oil and also rebuilt my SC. This is the 4.7 SC in a 2000 Tundra. I believe the oil is good for 80-100k between intervals for these 4.7 and 5.7 units, but, need to confirm.

The SC only had 20k miles when I purchased, but, I had dress up plans for it, so, a brief look.

Took the unit apart for clean and strip:

Test fit for fuel rails to runners after powder coat:

New powder coat, oil, stainless hardware, and ready for top cover install:

Time to hook it up after oil change and rebuild:

Also added the rare OEM TRD boost gauge (custom paint color keyed holder) to the pillar:

Of course, this is one serious oil change for the baby Tundra! ;)

Are 1st Gen's allowed into the club???????

· Premium Member
2,012 Posts
TurBo Time

F.I.C. #14 here :)..
Turb:eek: Tundra

Set Up

Exterior Shot

Dyno Sheet on Street Exhaust 399rwhp 472 TQ (shown).
Race Exhaust was at 444rwhp 501 TQ

Initial Turbo Test Run.. just hit 8000+ hits..:D
-
-

Attachments

· Registered
1,032 Posts
I was at dealer getting oil changed and I asked about changing oil in s/c, dealer suggested 15-30k, I asked how much is cost, he estimated $3-400. Anyone have exact info when the oil should be changed?

41 - 60 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.