Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentleman

I am selling my 2014 Toyota Tundra, formerly known as Sheila 1. The truck was taken out of service due to failed engine compression testing performed by Grettel Toyota in Brandon, Florida. Here are the stats on the vehicle:
4.6 V8
4x4 suspension
ReadyLift level kit, 3" coil-over spacers in the front, and 1" add-a-leaf blocks in the back.
About 270K miles on the current motor and transmission.

The Scope
First and foremost, as I stated previously, the vehicle HAS engine compression issues; thus the reason why I bought another one. The engine does turn over and run but will overheat in about 5 minutes or so. I believe it could be as simple as replacing the head gasket but I currently don't have the time to take on the project. Nor do I plan to fix it at my own personal expense just to make the sale, so please don't ask. This truck is being sold as a project vehicle for someone to either repair or part out as they see fit. The vehicle has been in 2 accidents, one was a significant front-end collision which was completely repaired by a Toyota collision center and the other was minor cosmetic damage caused by another vehicle attempting to occupy my lane at the same time. Other than these incidents, Sheila 1 was a loyal servant right to the last and now it's time for her to find a new home. I will be more than happy to answer any serious questions or inquiries.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What color is it? what's the trim level? Also whats the cab and bed size? What are you asking for it?
Metallic Grey, Double Cab, SR5, and... message me with an offer if you would like. I don't feel comfortable openly discussing a price just yet.

·
Registered
2006 Double Cab XSP with 4.7L
4 Posts
Help me to understand why people will not post a price for what they are selling. I will offer 20 bucks for the whole works. So what is your price?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Help me to understand why people will not post a price for what they are selling. I will offer 20 bucks for the whole works. So what is your price?
Thank you for your interest but I must respectfully decline your generous offer. Again, for anyone who anyone who would like to make a serious inquiry, I would be more than happy to negotiate privately either via phone, text, email or using the "Conversation" feature of this website.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I find that usually means the item is over priced and the seller wants to charm you some before revealing the secret price. If I see something for sale without a price, I normally move on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I find that usually means the item is over priced and the seller wants to charm you some before revealing the secret price. If I see something for sale without a price, I normally move on.
I can certainly sympathize with your concerns, and just as how you don't want to overpay, I'm not trying to just give it away. If I was, I would take her to the nearest mudhole and ran her till she quit. And in your scenario, the only things wasted are a small amount of time and effort.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can certainly sympathize with your concerns, and just as how you don't want to overpay, I'm not trying to just give it away. If I was, I would take her to the nearest mudhole and ran her till she quit. And in your scenario, the only things wasted are a small amount of time and effort.

I have been selling real estate for over 20 years and I buy and sell motorcycles for fun. I think most people dont advertise their price for a few reasons. 1. They are unsure of the actual value and dont want to "sell themselves short". 2. They think that someone will magically offer them some fantastic amount of money over what they are willing to take. 3. They are scared that they won't be able to effectively negotiate a favorable price. If you want to sell something post a price and post some pics! You will do better when selling something if you think like a buyer, and buyers have budgets, especially for something like this, this is a project. 1. If you post a price and some pics and all you ever get is crickets then you can safely say your priced to high, assuming you are advertising in the correct place. Forums are good, CL and Ebay are certainly better. The guy who has a motor sitting in his shop might not be an a Tundra guy it might just be business and he might be willing to pay more, or try to sell you his motor. 2. Someone somewhere had something really valuable and didn't know it and got a bunch of money for when they were headed to the dump to get rid of it. It's so rare that it makes the news when it happens! This probably isn't you, but a few minutes doing some research, especially on a vehicle, should eliminate those worries. 3. Negotiating is easy, maybe even fun, I do it every day! I get it, a lot of people aren't like that. I price things firmly and I only negotiate in person on vehicles, and in writing on real estate. This is called work, that's why there are salespeople and that's also why some of us make great money. In the end all of these things are work, pics and vin numbers and ads with accurate descriptions, researching prices and making accurate judgement calls, negotiating, looking someone in the eye and telling them NO, shooing away bs scammers, and people that dont have any money, having the paperwork all sorted out...... its all work. Treat it like a job and it will pay like a job! I get top dollar for everything all the time because I am willing to do the work!

·
Premium Member
2017 Crew Max Limited 4x4 White, Sunroof, Leveled, 35's, Alpine Stereo and Speakers, 2 10' subs
39 Posts
I have been selling real estate for over 20 years and I buy and sell motorcycles for fun. I think most people dont advertise their price for a few reasons. 1. They are unsure of the actual value and dont want to "sell themselves short". 2. They think that someone will magically offer them some fantastic amount of money over what they are willing to take. 3. They are scared that they won't be able to effectively negotiate a favorable price. If you want to sell something post a price and post some pics! You will do better when selling something if you think like a buyer, and buyers have budgets, especially for something like this, this is a project. 1. If you post a price and some pics and all you ever get is crickets then you can safely say your priced to high, assuming you are advertising in the correct place. Forums are good, CL and Ebay are certainly better. The guy who has a motor sitting in his shop might not be an a Tundra guy it might just be business and he might be willing to pay more, or try to sell you his motor. 2. Someone somewhere had something really valuable and didn't know it and got a bunch of money for when they were headed to the dump to get rid of it. It's so rare that it makes the news when it happens! This probably isn't you, but a few minutes doing some research, especially on a vehicle, should eliminate those worries. 3. Negotiating is easy, maybe even fun, I do it every day! I get it, a lot of people aren't like that. I price things firmly and I only negotiate in person on vehicles, and in writing on real estate. This is called work, that's why there are salespeople and that's also why some of us make great money. In the end all of these things are work, pics and vin numbers and ads with accurate descriptions, researching prices and making accurate judgement calls, negotiating, looking someone in the eye and telling them NO, shooing away bs scammers, and people that dont have any money, having the paperwork all sorted out...... its all work. Treat it like a job and it will pay like a job! I get top dollar for everything all the time because I am willing to do the work!
AMEN!! I was in sales and purchasing for 33 years. Several years ago we tried closed offer selling, sealed bid sales and " Make Offer" sales. It was the worst quarter in company history. We had an independent company survey the people who had looked or inquired and 82% of the people said that they just went to the next item for sale when something was not priced. 16% of the people sent a low ball offer. So now we were trying to please and sell to only 2% of the potential buyers.

When purchasing, I was never, NEVER, able to buy anything that did not start out with the owner pricing it. Now I retired about 3 years ago and dabble in all kinds of stuff. I have been trying to buy a boat from a guy for about a week now and he still hasn't priced it. But HE is the one who says he WANTS TO SELL it ! You'd think that He's got to have some idea? All that matters is what he wants for it, not exactly how much it may be worth. I just basically gave a 4 wheeler away but I wanted it gone. I had bought my wife a new camper. The room was more important than the 4 wheeler. I did not spend 2 weeks trying to figure out what it was worth. Again, I posted, here is what I want for it. If its worth more than that I don't care, this is what I want for it. And If no one will give me that- then I will keep it, SIMPLE

PS. I hate the ones that say " Trade Only". I don't have that certain set of tires or wheelbarrow. Take my money and go buy some tires, its a whole lot easier

1 - 9 of 9 Posts