Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Everybody zeroes in on the big bold prominent numbers on the window sticker and ignores the smaller print below that says "Real world conditions will vary. Actualy city mileage can be anwhere between x and y and actual highway mileage can be anywhere between y and z."

This is been on each of the last brand new vehicles I have purchased, so if at times I didnt come close to the big numbers at the top I knew exactly why.

Reactions: Ogtoyfan

·
Registered
34 Posts
True ! I bought my 4th TUNDRA last September and the EPA numbers are 14 -18mpg

I get between 12 and 15 in town, and 16 to 21 on the highway. Variations are totally dependent on my right foot.

Pulling the travel trailer, then I only get 9 to 11mpg.

My Wife's CAMRY Hybrid is a different story. The EPA numbers are 33-34mpg.

We both drive it and get 38 to 42 in town or on a trip. Needless to say, we are satisfied.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My wife's 2013 corolla S is supposed to get 35-36 and The best we have gotten is 31 and we cant figure out what we are doing wrong. In fact, we both drove like our grandparents last tank and got 29mpg and the engine sounds a little rough and only have 2200 miles on it. I am wondering if I need to bring it it?

Reactions: Ogtoyfan

·
Banned
513 Posts
2200 miles, have it checked... likely it's just not good and broke in yet. My wife's Honda Pilot ran like crap for the first 3000 miles, after that the mpg skyrocketed and it smoothed out.

·
Registered
146 Posts
i drive 5-15 over the speed limit, i do not punch it often, but i do not baby it. i get almost exactly as advertised by the EPA rating, it did this on my Tacoma before as well.

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
I don't drive it like I stole it, nor do I drive like my mother and I have no issue getting at or above the ratings.

My Ram, never happen. Got like 17 once, with a load and running 75 for 250 miles.

It's a truck, and a full sized on at that, it won't get 35 or 40 mpg and I don't want it to.

·
Premium Member
6,874 Posts
True ! I bought my 4th TUNDRA last September and the EPA numbers are 14 -18mpg

I get between 12 and 15 in town, and 16 to 21 on the highway. Variations are totally dependent on my right foot.

Pulling the travel trailer, then I only get 9 to 11mpg.

My Wife's CAMRY Hybrid is a different story. The EPA numbers are 33-34mpg.

We both drive it and get 38 to 42 in town or on a trip. Needless to say, we are satisfied.
yep then you get the idiots who cant deal with 11mpg with 35's and a heavy right foot... and DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY GET 11 MPG! :popcorn:

Reactions: charlier

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have been babying my truck and live in an area where I can run 45 without many stop lights and I only get 13.3 miles a gallon no matter what I do

1 - 10 of 10 Posts