Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have it and love it. It isn't as 100% waterproof as some of the competitors(I get small trickles at the back corners during heavy downpours but I never actually installed the tailgate seal), but it is the ONLY one I could find with legit locks until you go up to the DiamondBack covers.

Most of the popular covers out there can be opened with a coat hanger, baling wire, etc. in a few seconds. The fold-a-cover actually locks the lid with automotive-style latches. Plus you can raise the front or the back, etc. I wanted a cover that actually provided some security at a good price, and fold-a-cover was it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have it and love it. It isn't as 100% waterproof as some of the competitors(I get small trickles at the back corners during heavy downpours but I never actually installed the tailgate seal), but it is the ONLY one I could find with legit locks until you go up to the DiamondBack covers.

Most of the popular covers out there can be opened with a coat hanger, baling wire, etc. in a few seconds. The fold-a-cover actually locks the lid with automotive-style latches. Plus you can raise the front or the back, etc. I wanted a cover that actually provided some security at a good price, and fold-a-cover was it.
I like the looks of the Caddy that can work with this cover. Do you think tools in the Caddy would stay dry. Also, are your stake holes completely covered by the cover? Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I like the looks of the Caddy that can work with this cover. Do you think tools in the Caddy would stay dry. Also, are your stake holes completely covered by the cover? Thanks for your response.
I think the tools would be fine. I can't attach a photo on mobile but yes, the stake pockets are mostly covered. I'm sure if you had one of the racks that had the flat stock/thin plate on top of the stake pocket with the vertical part outboard a few inches you would be fine, I haven't tried it though.

The little leaks are mostly in automatic car washes or toad-stranglers. Like I said I never installed the tailgate seal which I'm sure would stop the leak. The Tundra has a big gap on either side of the tailgate near the top and that's no fault of any tonneau cover maker. Sometimes it's bone dry after a downpour while parked in my driveway; must be wind-driven wind that trickles in. I installed the cover myself in a few hours; it only took that long because I had a 4-year old who "helped" a lot! Would install cargo rails first if I was doing it again, the install looks even easier that way and I wish I had the rails.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have the BakFlip and actually like the looks of this cover, better. Just didn't know about it when I purchased mine.

--Matt
You can only buy it direct from the manufacturer I believe, it isn't advertised any where near as much as the Bakflip and others.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought the Gator Cover, tri-fold hard top. almost completely rain free, seems to be of good quality and it was easy to install.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i have the undercover flex it works well for me. i like it when you open it fully the cover doesn't rest on the cab. it's a solid cover and like someone mentioned during hard rain i'll get some moisture in it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can only buy it direct from the manufacturer I believe, it isn't advertised any where near as much as the Bakflip and others.
I'm still contemplating this cover. I have a large tool chest I would like to keep under the cover and want to make sure I could still open the lid. Could I get you to measure the open inside dimension when cover is folded open? From tailgate to cover. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm still contemplating this cover. I have a large tool chest I would like to keep under the cover and want to make sure I could still open the lid. Could I get you to measure the open inside dimension when cover is folded open? From tailgate to cover. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
49" front-to-back, and 58" left-to-right inside the brackets if you need the full length.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts