Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the p/n for the foglight relay? I'm hacking the harness to use an aftermarket kit to run the stock wiring, so I just need the OEM relay. I started to look it up online, but kinda easier to ask for the p/n... I pulled the relay on the tow relay spot, and it did what I wanted, and I have that p/n; should be the same (of course I didn't write it down, would have to pull relay).

Also, on the off chance... Does anyone know if it's the same relay for a 2011 Camry? I need to put the fogs into that car too.

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
If you are going the aftermarket route, why do you need a part number?

I got mine at autozone for 12 bucks or so.

If you have one that works, they can match it at the autoparts stores. Relays are pretty universal and cheap.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I have a custom setup, more or less. I found instructions on a different site, under "how to make the fog lights work independent of low beam", which pointed out that it was a pink wire that could be tied to a grey wire. Using that, I tested it out; sure enough, tieing pink to GND made fogs come on. So, I can take the aftermarket switch and tie to pink and have fogs, no wires to run thro firewall.

I tested it with the tow relay, and it worked fine. So I'm guessing the tow relay would work, just wanted to confirm it.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bumping my old thread, as I went to look for this relay p/n again (so I could finally install the fogs in my Camry, two years later!), and couldn't find it. I *think* I used relay 90080-87010; and I want to say it's a blue Denso relay. Looking around, it's not blue if I get from other places. Toyota dealer ought to have for $20-25 or so, but eBay etc might have used for less.

IIRC when I did this install on my truck I was able to swap the tow relay to test out, then order a relay. Easy peasy.

Of course I did not keep photos, and my recollection grows dim after two years. I suck.

I did buy the cheapo kits from Amazon/eBay to do this install, but since the bumper was pre-wired for foglights I was determined to not run wires through the firewall. I had found the wiring diagram for the 07-10 model (which is the same for the 11's and probaby more); and so I found the wire that goes to the stalk. I snipped that wire, and use the switch that came with the kit to ground that wire out. Works well enough.

Now, my memory is fuzzy. I want to say that I was able to drop the lower dash panel and get this wire easily; and that the fog relay went under the hood. My Camry is being different; to tap the wire I have to drop the cover under the steering column, and the fog relay is inside the car. YMMV. I attached the wiring diagram I used to figure it out.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts