Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Derek and I just picked up 2013 Doublecab, Magnetic Gray, 4x2, 5.7. I don't have it optioned very much as I plan on doing quite a bit of aftermarket stuff. Already scheduled to get my interior done in leather.

I traded in a 2010 E63 AMG, long story...I've never owned a truck before, but really like it, there's something comforting about how beefy the damn thing feels.

I also have a 2002 Honda S2000 that's pretty heavily modified and a 2013 Golf R.

So, being really new to the Tundra game I'm curious to know a couple things:

1. Required/Best Mods?
2. Upgrading Stereo Recommendations (sound from non-jbl sucks, not that the jbl is that great). I'm thinking amp, sub, and new speakers, but may just start with amp and see how it sounds before I buy the other stuff.
3. My finance guy mentioned something about a leveling kits??? What is that and why?
4. HID lightings, non HID headlamps suck, recommendations?
5. Wheels, base wheels are fugly as fugg.

Thanks and nice to meet you!

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Derek, welcome to the forum. Very nice (love that color). Congrats on your Tundra.

Our trucks come from factory with the rear somewhat higher than the front. This is called the "rake". Many people don't like that look and raise the front side slightly to make the truck leveled (using a leveling kit). It also gives the extra room to mount larger tires.

With respect to other mods, just look around and see the sort of look you like. Your mod plan will depend on what sort of look you are going for. Window tint is a good place to start. Functional, cheap, and looks great.

Reactions: bioderek

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Awesome truck!! Congrats! ! If u can do it go for the s/c if your truck is not flexfuel, since u r common from an amg I'm sure u would love some more power. If u want a nice clean sub check out the jl audio stealth box, it is very clean n has quite a bit of punch. Where at in oc? I was born raised out there n still have fam down there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Great looking truck

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome truck!! Congrats! ! If u can do it go for the s/c if your truck is not flexfuel, since u r common from an amg I'm sure u would love some more power. If u want a nice clean sub check out the jl audio stealth box, it is very clean n has quite a bit of punch. Where at in oc? I was born raised out there n still have fam down there.

It's not flexfuel, not sure i'd really want to put a blower on it, i'm not a huge fan of forced induction especially aftermarket, but i will check it out.

I'm in Laguna Niguel.

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
It's not flexfuel, not sure i'd really want to put a blower on it, i'm not a huge fan of forced induction especially aftermarket, but i will check it out.

I'm in Laguna Niguel.
The only blower available for these trucks r made & designed by Toyota trd and the give a warranty with it if they install, it will give u 500hp & 550 ft lbs of torque

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, so I've been reading. I'm thinking if my paperwork hasn't been processed yet and calling the dealership to see if I can get the damn thing installed at my 0% interest.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Welcome to TT!!
What city are you in that pic looks like where I live kind of. I'm in Anaheim Hills, but the blue trash can tells me it's not

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I would look at the cast spindles from Maxtrac Suspension or the CST ones.
A spindle will give virtually a stock ride as well as the option to add some coil overs in the future to basically have 6" lift.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would look at the cast spindles from Maxtrac Suspension or the CST ones.
A spindle will give virtually a stock ride as well as the option to add some coil overs in the future to basically have 6" lift.
I don't know anything about trucks, never owned one before so I don't know what any of that stuff is!:doh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts