Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
I parked my truck in underground parking visiting Venice Beach. It was difficult turning and just barely cleared it. No scratches but wouldn't do that again: I physically got out when the roof of the truck got close to the entrance just to make sure I'd clear it.

For a second I thought I was in the asshole parking thread!!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
I put a hole in the aluminum flashing on my garage door header with my roof top tent.... Even with airing down and taking the ladder off the tent.

This weeks goal - pick up some 255/35/18 tires to throw on my stock rims to get in and out of the garage so I can take my RTT on and off

·
Registered
251 Posts
I was about to drive into the Terminal 4 parking garage at the Phoenix SkyHarbor airport and I saw the clearance was 6'10" or something like that. There weren't any cars behind me, so I stopped and eyeballed it. Given the lift and tires, and the way it looked, it was close, so I even pulled over and eyeballed it again. It was too close.

Fortunately, there is an oversized vehicle parking lot. Gotta love Arizona!

I won't even try most garages in California. But I guess the moral of the story is the Tundra is a big ****in truck. Drive and park accordingly.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Where the hell where you that clearance was that low to begin with?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Funny Story - i parked my truck in a garage at one of my old GF's apt buildings in Philadelphia and I got a note that my truck would be towed if I didn't move it immediately, blah blah blah.

I would have liked to see them tow my truck out of there. It was an old building with ZERO clearance top and sides for getting 40 feet of tow truck and my truck out of the building.

Tried to park a rental Mustang in a garage in San Fran also and the car was too wide to fit thru the entrance and in to the garage.

Moral of the story, get a SMRT car i guess?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Scratch vs this! I always worry with my camper But its only 10.6 this guy forgot about his fith wheel on back I guess.

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
I once went into a garage and the entrance hieght was higher than The exit hieght. It was not postes untill you go to leave . so I had to go out the one-way entrance. Stupid design

41 - 53 of 53 Posts