Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Damnit to hell, now that mod is on my ever growing list!

Did you wire those to the backup lights or did you wire to a switch in the cab so you can turn them on when you want (like when some douchebag in a prius is behind you with his high beams on)?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Looks Great!!

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Damnit to hell, now that mod is on my ever growing list!

Did you wire those to the backup lights or did you wire to a switch in the cab so you can turn them on when you want (like when some douchebag in a prius is behind you with his high beams on)?

They are currently wired to reverse lights. I'm gonna order another rocker switch so I can use them whenever I want!! And thanks guys!! This mod has been on my list for at least a year!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
861 Posts
They are currently wired to reverse lights. I'm gonna order another rocker switch so I can use them whenever I want!! And thanks guys!! This mod has been on my list for at least a year!!

This was my dilemma too. I wasn't sure if I wanted a separate switch to be able to turn on and off or just wire to the reverse lights.

The only reason why I would want to turn it on manually is if some jacko was tail-gating me. I'd like the option to blind his a$$. >:D

For simplicity sake, I think if I do this mod, I'll just wire it to the reverse lights.

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
This was my dilemma too. I wasn't sure if I wanted a separate switch to be able to turn on and off or just wire to the reverse lights.

The only reason why I would want to turn it on manually is if some jacko was tail-gating me. I'd like the option to blind his a$$. >:D

For simplicity sake, I think if I do this mod, I'll just wire it to the reverse lights.

I kinda like them coming on when I'm backing up everyone is like da fuq ??? He's got headlights in his bumper

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
I saw this guy yesterday. Posted a thread but he hasn't answered.

They looked really good up close.

Anyone know what they are and how to get the kit that covers the cutout?

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I saw this guy yesterday. Posted a thread but he hasn't answered.

They looked really good up close.

Anyone know what they are and how to get the kit that covers the cutout?

It's look to me like he has just regular led pods and cut holes in the rear . The flush mounts cover up the cutout

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
very nice!... this gives me an idea, instead of the daytime running lights in the panel underneath the main front headlights, hows about flush mount 6" sr series custom cut into there? that would be alot brighter than those drl's, no?

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
very nice!... this gives me an idea, instead of the daytime running lights in the panel underneath the main front headlights, hows about flush mount 6" sr series custom cut into there? that would be alot brighter than those drl's, no?

I guess you could but once you do beware. The drls are approved by dot and the 6" sr are not. They are considered offroad lights. Don't get me wrong it would cool though just don't want you to get in trouble

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
However my fogs are led pods and my flush mounts are also considered for offroad use. Lol it's kind of a do at your own risk

·
Registered
55 Posts

I tied mine into a relay for the cargo light and put the rocker right next to the cargo light switch. If I want it on when backing up, just hit the cargo light switch. I didn't go wit hthe reverse lights because I knew I'd want to use it other times. I didn't put the light into the bumper, but mounted it under the bed and for a $30 27 watt LED light, it has held up very well and is bright as hell. And, since tied into the cargo, dark parking lots are lit up with a push of the key fob button.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I tied mine into a relay for the cargo light and put the rocker right next to the cargo light switch. If I want it on when backing up, just hit the cargo light switch. I didn't go wit hthe reverse lights because I knew I'd want to use it other times. I didn't put the light into the bumper, but mounted it under the bed and for a $30 27 watt LED light, it has held up very well and is bright as hell. And, since tied into the cargo, dark parking lots are lit up with a push of the key fob button.
show us pics! :)

Where did you tie it to your cargo light. At the switch?

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
It is a very small (like 22 gauge) brown wire going up the post behind the driver's back seat. It is also what I tied my bed lights into, but hte bed lights don't have a relay- they're tied directly into the little brown wire (when the cargo light is on,so are the bed lights). Link to the post that gave me the idea. http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-lighting-electrical/151506-led-step-bar-lighting-2.html

I will try to remember to snap a picture.
I'm thinking now... this could get annoying every time you unlock... you will set off the rigid lights and they are bright as hell.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm thinking now... this could get annoying every time you unlock... you will set off the rigid lights and they are bright as hell.

I don't usually leave the rear light switch in the on position. Part of the light's output gets caught and blocked by the rear bumper and reflects down. Is it perfect? No, but it gets more then enough light to the rear and required zero drilling and mounted to the frame in a pre-existing hole. It definitely gets enough light to the rear to get the point across to night time tailgaters. Daytime tailgaters get the automatic tailgate dropped. Thinking about rigging up a roman candle tothe tailgate- that'd really get the point across.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts