Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Fluid Film rust protector

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  marc11 
#1 ·
Anyone use it?I bought a kit on Amazon that contained everything you need.One gallon of fluid film,one 11.75 spray can,a spray gun to attach to your airline and several refillable bootles to put the Fluid Film in and the spray your undercarriage.I used about 80-90 PSI to spray the fluid film and it worked great.In the old days you would have people spray the underneath with bar and chain oil,but very messey!I put my vehicles up on a set of Race Ramps,and spray away.

#2 · (Edited)
Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#4 ·
McMaster Carr has a good price on the spray cans. I like keeping those around for quick jobs.

But I too bought the air sprayer and did all my vehicles this fall. The stuff in a can is thicker and should last for the winter I think. If not, easy to spray again.

#6 ·
Not enough weight, and it is too light. If it built up it'd just get flung off.

No worries there. Don't get it onto the rotors. Avoid the exhaust, but if it gets on there it will just burn off. Otherwise, spray at will.

#10 ·
Avoid getting it on rubber. I sprayed some inside my doors and a little bit dripped out of the drain holes onto the rubber weatherstrip seal causing it to swell/distort.

#11 ·
I will be using the spray can spot method......I do my best not to drive on the Brine. If I do, I will freeze my caboose off to wash off the bottom of the truck.

Stupid Government. Hey lets spend billions of dollars, and buy millions of dollars of equipment, to spread zillions of tons of brine and salt, to ruin zillions of cars and trucks, to lower the freezing point by "one" or if lucky "two" degrees, and destroy zillions of miles of highways and roads. For What I ask? Just so the Government can steal more from us?

Why don't we send all our Politicians to Gitmo and save our money?

#13 ·
I sprayed my trucks in Oct.When I bought my Fluid Film from Amazon it came with a metal sprayer that attached to a one pt. can,I believe.I then hooked it up to an airline from my IR 5hp air compressor .I ran it at 80-90 lbs of air pressure.It worked great.This year in Mass, they seem to be going overboard with the salt use!I am waiting for a warm day to hose off the undercarriage and sray again.I spray my driveshaft and everything underneath except for the exhaust.

#14 ·
I sprayed mine mid to late fall and it is still there as far as I can see. Yeah dirt clings to it, but that adds a barrier of protection...lol.

No idea how well it will prevent corrosion, I will know once the winter is over and I give the undercarriage a good cleaning, but so far, if nothing else it is holding up generally okay given the harsh winter we have had so far.

IMHO, it can't hurt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.