Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have the 40 series dual in dual out on there truck? just muffler swap.

Any comments on Flowmaster in general? besides drone.

·
Registered
242 Posts
http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/cat-back-muffler-reviews/94608-flowmaster-american-thunder-50-ss.html

Above is a link to my thread, which expresses my opinions and experience with Flowmaster. There are pics and videos I've posted. IMO, Flowmaster is the system that works best for me, you have many members on this forum, each with their own personal preferences. Initially, I wanted to install a Magnaflow. Magnaflow is what I have installed on my Stang. After much research, especially on YouTube, which is a fantastic resource, Maganflow was not the right choice for my Tundra, IMO. Let's face it, it will never sound like my Mustang with headers, high flow CATs, X Pipe, and Magnapacks, installed on it, lol! Big point to, my Tundra is my DD.

·
Registered
24 Posts
MBRP.true duals,side exit.Deep sound no drone at any speed
I have been told by alot of people how good it sounds!! Ive had it on for well over a year.Love it.
I know its not what you asked,but thought i would put it out for you to think about.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay thank you, i think im gonna stay away from cat back considering its already true dualed till the muffler. And im a lil low on cash atm

·
"The Antagonizer"
12,046 Posts
No problem man. If you want a deep sounding exhaust system that is not loud in the cab without drone I would suggest a Magnaflow dual in/dual out 18" body 2.5" inlet/outlet size muffler, it will sound like a real beast when you hammer on the gas pedal though but still not annoying loud.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I ended up going with the 50 series on my truck, dual in dual out but I had it dumped. I didn't want a real loud sound and this was perfect for me. It sounds amazing but not excessively loud.

Reactions: deerhunter3

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have the Flowmaster Super 40 dual in/out muffler and it's a bit loud... The drone when on the freeway or towing is pretty bad. On the flip side it sounds incredible. When driving in the city it's quiet.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
My truck was sluggish off the line and lost low end torque with the Super 40 (and Super 50). I switched to a Magnaflow and am much happier.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
123 Posts
I ended up going with the 50 series on my truck, dual in dual out but I had it dumped. I didn't want a real loud sound and this was perfect for me. It sounds amazing but not excessively loud.
What do you mean you had it dumped?

·
"The Antagonizer"
12,046 Posts
^^ pipes bent down towards the ground after the muffler

·
Registered
123 Posts
My truck was sluggish off the line and lost low end torque with the Super 40 (and Super 50). I switched to a Magnaflow and am much happier.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
What magnaflow did you get and what pipe size?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have always went with Flomaster, but I am a little concerned about the power loss..I didn’t notice any on my 08 DC 5.7 with the 50 series. I want loud so I was thinking about the 40 or super 44, but I want quality sound too. I don’t mind a bit of drone...my kids actually like it..lol Its the last thing I am saving for on my truck..I love the Corsa sound on other GM applications, but I fear it’s a bit quiet for the truck. Plus the $$ are too much for something like that. I always get a custom install because I have a certain tip and mount I like..lol
Still reading everyone’s thoughts....

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
538 Posts
I used to have a Dual in Dual out super 40 dumped on my truck, sounded pretty good and you cant beat how cheap it is to put one one. Now I have DirtyDeeds BAmuffler true dual with x pipe dumped and the rear cats removed. LOVE IT. I have a video of the flows let me see if i can find it

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
1 - 20 of 29 Posts